RT-C/TEC-ESN/00512 Radio Navigation Engineer
Serco Nederland BV,/ Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Radio Navigation Engineer based at ESTEC.
The successful candidate will focus his/her activities on the following:
- Support to Navigation Projects (e.g. EGNOS and GALILEO) for system and receivers performances (including receiver testing and field campaigns) in particular for mass-market and high-accuracy applications
- Participation in studies supporting current and future radio navigation system definition and/or analysis (EGNOS/GALILEO evolution, etc.) in particular for what concerns system performances and receiver algorithms (signal processing and/or navigation algorithms, including PPP and hybridisation with non-GNSS sensors);
- Design, definition and follow up of industrial contract related to the procurement of GNSS receiver for infrastructure or user applications, including space receivers;
- Design, definition and follow up of R&D contract related to future GNSS ground/space infrastructure receiver and user technology, including space receivers;
- Support design, implementation, maintenance and operation of Radio Navigation equipment, complex Radio Navigation simulation tools and test facilities for testing receivers and applications.
Additionally, the successful candidate will have the following tasks:
- Assistance in preparation of invitation to tenders related to ESA Projects and R&D activities and contracts technical follow-up.
- Specific engineering support to space projects developed by ESA and/or by major European industries/operators.
- Validation of designs by means of analyses, simulations, laboratory testing and field trials (possibly in co-operation with third parties).
- Design, implementation and testing tasks for technological projects.
- Execution of internal R&D activities through design, prototyping, analysis and simulations.
- Simulation and testing in laboratory of Navigation systems and equipment.
- Preparation of technical documents on above subjects.
- Support to related demonstrations inside and outside ESTEC.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will bring a PhD or MSc in telecommunications and signal processing or electronic engineering, as well as experience in these fields, and 5-10 years of experience in fields related to the intended activities.
Additionally, the person requires:
- Background and experience in GNSS navigation systems, GNSS, receiver design, algorithms and performances (signal processing, navigation, PPP, PVT hybridization of GNSS and in particular high accuracy GNSS, with other sensors, system performances, etc.).
The following competencies would be an asset:
- Specific knowledge in the design and testing of Radio Navigation systems and equipment.
- Strong knowledge on the design of satellite navigation systems, ranging and positioning techniques, RF, signal processing techniques, and digital navigation receivers.
- Relevant experience with the GNSS1, EGNOS and/or GALILEO systems and equipment and have and good knowledge of Radio Navigation simulation and testing systems.
- Proven experience in the implementation, maintenance and operation of complex Radio Navigation simulation and test facilities for spacecraft, aircraft, maritime and land mobile applications.
- Strong experience at user level with satellite navigation receivers and satellite navigation positioning and integrity algorithms.
- Some experience of commercial simulation software is desirable.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Highly competitive salary
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services, employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries.
We work closely with the European Government Institutions & Space Agencies providing crucial Services with over 300 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies