RT-C/TEC-ESG/00620 Communication Systems & Technologies Engineer
Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. We have over 40 years’ experience in supporting the space sector: Since the creation of the European Space Agency (ESA), our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Communication Systems & Technologies Engineer, based in Noordwijk (Netherlands).
The post-holder will provide support to the Agency projects and programs in the area of security, including:
• System security analysis, design and associated tools: covering all aspects related to the analysis and design of the security of the end to end system, including concepts, architecture, ground, space and hybrid ground/space systems and sub-systems, methodologies, standards and all associated tools for simulations and analysis. System security requirements definition and implementation, vulnerability and thereat assessment, security engineering process lifecycle;
• Security technology, techniques design, and prototyping: covering all technologies related to the implementation of security, InfoSEC, COMSEC, CyberSec, Appsec engineering;
• Security accreditation and certification methodologies and processes. Security requirements derivation, design, implementation and verification from an accreditation perspective. Project Risk analysis and assessment, supporting toolsets, accreditation processes and methodologies, security standards;
• Specific RF security technologies, e.g. telecom security techniques and technologies, secure TT&C and PDT links, radio navigation security technology, RF system security etc.
• Provide support to projects for the implementation of security inside the systems, perform/support end to end security engineering, follow up security elements requirements derivation, design, implementation and verification;
• Provide support to project Infosec/Cyber security and accreditation engineering, such as:
- To perform/support project security risk analysis, vulnerability assessment during the life cycle of the project;
- To define specific project security, certification and accreditation security requirements (HL SSRS /SISRS/Secops);
• Provide support to projects and TEC for the implementation of the security directives policy, roles and functions (PSSO, etc.) such as to:
- Support and act as competent PSSO/ISO/SOZ5 and other security roles as for the ESA Security Regulation;
• Support awareness and training campaign on security process/policies and procedures;
• Contribute to the Agency's R&D strategy and research programs elaboration and implementation;
• Support to standardisation bodies in the field of competence
The successful Candidate will bring:
• University degree (MSc minimum) in telecommunications and signal processing or electronic engineering, as well as experience in these fields.
• Specific knowledge in the security engineering.
• Knowledge of space and ground systems architecture.
• Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Make a difference everyday.
At Serco everyone has an important role to play. Take pride in what you do.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
• Retirement plans
• Company events
• Contact Serco Europe Recruitment Team for further information
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries. In Europe, Serco supports governments and international organisations in the delivery of essential public services with operations in Belgium, France and French Guyana, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland.
Serco is a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA). We have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service and to keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play. We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
If you share our values and want to join a team of over 50,000 passionate colleagues globally we want to hear from you.
Make a difference every day.
Serco European Agencies