RT-C/TEC-ESG/00567- Radio Navigation Engineer
Serco Nederland BV,/ Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Radio Navigation Engineer based at ESTEC
The work includes specification, design and security risk analysis of radio navigation satellite systems, with emphasis on security and cryptography aspects. The position is in support to the Galileo System Security Unit in the Galileo Security Office.
The principal tasks and responsibilities will include:
• Definition and evaluation of system security design concepts
• Definition of GALILEO system and segment requirements, interacting with system and segment experts, focussing on (cyber) security and PRS topics
• Evaluation of segment proposals focussing on (cyber) security and PRS
• Support to the ESA Engineering Board process, in order to maintain the requirements system baseline (using DOORS)
• Support to Procurement, Development, Integration, Validation of
System Security Tools validating the Navigation System Concept
• Support to PRS Test Benches whenever required by the ESA Galileo
• Supporting technology developments (Signal generator and Receiver) in preparation of PRS test bench and security activities;
• Supporting the procurement of system tools (e.g. Emulators, Test Bed) contributing to the proof of concept and experimentation of PRS evolutions;
• Participation in the overall Radio Navigation R&D roadmap, focussed on cyber/security engineering aspects, with emphasis on the domains of Radio Navigation receivers and other System Verification Tools.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate must have:
• University degree (MSc minimum) in telecommunications or electronic engineering or cyber/security engineering, as well as experience in these fields.
• Specific and Strong knowledge on Satellite Radio Navigation Systems, ranging and positioning techniques and technologies, including latest trends in robust PNT.
• Extensive experience in the design and development of large distributed security systems.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Highly competitive salary
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services, employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries.
We work closely with the European Government Institutions & Space Agencies providing crucial Services with over 300 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies