RT-C/TEC-ESC/00562 - Communication Systems & Technologies Engineer
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Communication Systems & Technologies Engineer, based in ESTEC.
In complement to the generic WP description, the duties of this post will include activities in the following areas:
- Telecom network standards and protocols
- SATCOM system and networks from Layer 2 and above
- Link layer computer simulations
- Telecom networking security
- As per Job Class in Telecommunication Engineering with particular emphasis on digital communication system and sub-system techniques, high-speed processing techniques for communication via satellites.
- Knowledge of satellite communication architectures and techniques.
- Experience in analysis and design of modern digital communication systems, coding and synchronization issues.
- Familiarity with modern communication system and sub-system simulation techniques, as a minimum Matlab and C/C++ program languages.
- Knowledge of modern prototyping and testing methodologies for digital communication sub-systems is also preferred.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate shall have:
- University degree (Master) or equivalent qualification in electrical, computer or telecommunications engineering.
- Telecom Networking and SATCOM systems
- Very solid background in Internet, secure IP and applications/networking technologies. Knowledge of SATCOM systems and networks from layer 2 and above together with familiarity with link layer computer simulations is required. Knowledge of modern computer systems, programming
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies