RT-C/TEC-EFP/00505 RF Payloads Plus Microwave & Mmwaves Technology & Equipment Engineer
Serco Nederland BV,/ Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a RF Payloads Plus Microwave & Mmwaves Technology & Equipment Engineer based at ESTEC.
The successful candidate will focus his/her activities on the following:
- Contribute to internal R&D activities for the design, modelling, architectural trade-off and performance assessment of advanced RF payloads and instruments in the domain of telecommunications (emphasis on payloads based on active antennas) and earth observation (Synthetic Aperture Radars, Altimeters, Scatterometers, Radiometers);
- Perform technical management of R&D activities with industry in the field of advanced payload concepts and sub-systems/equipment development;
- Provide RF payload technical support to projects and programmes;
- Contribute to the generation and promotion of innovative ideas in the field of RF payloads for telecommunications and earth observation, including the definition of ESA R&D programmes;
- Define technical requirements and statements of work for the tasks of R&D activities to be performed by industry, from early conceptual studies to full hardware development;
- Contribute to the development/usage of section related laboratory facilities and analysis/simulation tools;
- Maintain state-of-the-art expertise by monitoring the space and ground system and technological trends and applying them in the day-to-day tasks.
The Ideal Candidate
To successfully perform the above mentioned tasks, the following background / experience is required:
- PhD or Master Degree in Telecommunications, Microwave or RF Electronics Engineering, and minimum 4 years of working experience on Active RF equipment, components and technologies.
- Good background and several years of working experience on design, development and testing of Radio Frequency payloads and instruments for space applications in the domain of telecommunications and remote sensing.
- Very good knowledge of analog and digital signal processing.
- Very good knowledge of software and simulation tools and programming (Matlab/Simulink, ADS/VSS, C/C++, Python).
- Promoting cooperation and team-working, problem solving.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Highly competitive salary
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services, employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries.
We work closely with the European Government Institutions & Space Agencies providing crucial Services with over 300 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies