RT-C/TEC-EFA/00542 Antenna & Sub-Millimetre Waves Engineer
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Antenna & Sub-Millimetre Waves Engineer, based at ESTEC (Noordwijk).
The successful candidate will focus his/her activities on the following:
- Providing expert technical support to ESA projects, programmes and general studies throughout all project phases, specifically in the field of TT&C and PDT antennas;
- Participating in project reviews and performing “in-house” design and trade-offs to support project-specific technology developments;
- Defining, initiating and monitoring R&D activities covering both long- and short-term needs, specifically in the field of TT&C and PDT antennas;
- Monitoring applicable scientific and technological trends and maintaining state-of-the-art expertise in TT&C and PDT antennas.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will bring a PhD or Master in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering or
Physics, as well as experience in these fields, and minimum 4 years of experience in the tasks similar to the ones described above.
Additionally, the person requires:
- Experience in TTC&C and PDT antennas, architectures and technologies as applied to space.
- Knowledge of antenna Space constraints at RF, mechanical, thermal and environmental levels gained from the handling of Flight Model development or R&D development at high TRL level.
- Knowledge of antenna industrial manufacturing, testing processes, architecture and technologies.
- Expertise in using antenna modelling tools (GRASP8, POS4, CHAMP, HFSS).
- General background in antenna technologies and experience in antenna testing (preferably in the space domain);
- Good working knowledge of Near and Far field antenna testing systems;
- Capability for performing activities related to all aspects of testing and integration of antenna systems in an autonomous way;
- General understanding of measurement uncertainty and accuracy;
- Experience in maintenance and calibration of general RF antenna laboratory test equipment and instrumentation;
- Experience with handling of space hardware is considered an asset;
- Good working knowledge on antenna systems and design approaches;
- Good working knowledge on latest antenna design and modelling software tools;
- Proactive attitude to solving problems;
- Good organisational skills.
- Industrial experience is a major asset.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies