Science Communication (RT-C/SCI-SC/00181)
Are you a Communication Guru with Space background or you have an affinity for Space projects? You are dynamic and ready for a next step in your career then have a look at this not to be missed opportunity at ESTEC.
Join our Serco team as a Communication Guru (Science Communication Editor) to support ESA’s Science and Communication Officer in securing an exciting and visible media presence of ESA’s Science and Exploration activities.
The post-holder will focus on the below responsibilities:
• To contribute to the definition of the content, and to support the editing of the material for the media presence of ESA’s Science and Exploration activities
• To liaise, under the responsibility of the Science Division, with the scientists of the Science and Exploration missions in the production of content
• To liaise, under the responsibility of the Science Communication Officer, with the graphical and multimedia production team in the production of visual material
• To coordinate a pool of freelance editors
• To conceive and conduct social media campaigns
• To maintain regular contacts with media, including social media
• To organize media events, including briefing of speakers and follow-up of requests from media
• To perform analyses of developing media trends and local impact reporting
• To set-up outreach events in the ESA communication plan
• To support launch and mission events
Check if your profile is what we are looking for:
• Science PhD or Master’s in science, further qualification in Journalism or Communication would be an asset
• At least four years of work experience in science, engineering or technological communication within International Media and/or Social media
• A good synthesis ability and a basic understanding and interest for space science
• Excellent spoken and written English; fluency in French and other European languages is desirable
• Good interaction skills and capacity to work under stressful situations
• A fair knowledge in the following areas will be considered an additional advantage: Web applications, Audio-visual requirements, Graphic design and layout
• The successful candidate shall possess skills to cover and execute the tasks linked to their function including a high-level of flexibility, good organisational and communication skills
• Working under direct supervision of lead staff but autonomy in execution of tasks assigned is mandatory
At Serco everyone has an important role to play. Take pride in what you do.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
• Company events
• Contact Serco Europe Recruitment Team for further information
About the Company
Serco is a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA). We have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
If you share our values and want to join a team of over 50,000 passionate colleagues globally we want to hear from you.
Make a difference every day.
Serco European Agencies