RT-C/SCI-MC/00171 Planning and Schedule Officer
Serco Nederland BV part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Planning and Schedule Officer based at ESTEC.
The work covers foremost schedule control activities and may cover project control, administration support and document management task, as required by the project(s). As such it includes the following main tasks:
- Contribute to the preparation, development and maintenance of the overall schedule aspects of the project/missions, including all mission elements. The post holder shall establish and maintain regular schedule reporting from all mission elements, aggregate and integrate the schedules to a project reference schedule;
- Advise on Schedule and Control methods;
- Assist in establishing schedule data interfaces within the science project and the various mission elements (ground segment, spacecraft, payload, launcher);
- Support implementing and operating planning and control procedures to provide full visibility on all activities related to the progress, utilizing established procedures and information systems; the post holder shall interact and, if necessary, provide schedule support to mission participants in industry and academia to ensure the up-to-date and accurate schedule reporting;
- Participate in the establishment of baseline schedule and plans;
- Perform schedule analysis through Critical Path Analysis, Trend Chart Analysis and simulations;
- Assist in the identification of potential problem areas and proposing mitigation actions; preparing reports as required;
- Verify consistency between the schedule of the project Prime Contractors and the ones of his Subcontractors;
- Support in the preparation of tender documents with respect to schedule requirements and participating in the evaluation of proposals; assist in preparing information required for subsequent contract negotiations;
- Support the Project Controller(s) of the assigned mission(s) and the Head of the Project Control and Risk Management Service in executing their duties.
- Support the consolidation of inputs for the Cosmic Vision overall schedule.
- Utilisation of relevant local and/or Corporate management support tools at both project and programme level.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will bring a university degree (Msc Engineering or equivalent or MBA) from a recognised Institute of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration, with relevant experience and minimum 4 years of relevant professional working experience with the tasks mentioned above.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will bring appropriate skills and specific experience in the following fields:
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and cooperate with a wide range of staff internally and externally.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken, knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
- Experience in controlling and/or management of activities and resources in aerospace industry. For some tasks knowledge of Finance/Accounting may be required.
- Highly proficient in the use of modern activities and resource management support tools/databases of standard office automation support software packages including in particular advance usage of Excel (Ms-Office and in particular advanced use of Excel).
- Experience as user of SAP and in particular ECC and SRM modules and familiarity with relevant ESA corporate applications e.g. ESA-p) is an asset.
- Ability to rapidly understand and adapt to ESA specific context and environment including ESA corporate IT applications.
- Past experience with ESA in relevant activities is an asset.
- Applicants should have a good working background in scheduling and other disciplines related to the tasks described. Experience is essential in the application of schedule management and control principles; the preparation, negotiation and implementation of industrial procurements; the ability to establish/utilize advanced schedule control techniques.
- Applicants are expected to demonstrate good planning and organisation skills, an ability to synthesise information and a capability to work in a team environment.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Highly competitive salary
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services, employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries.
We work closely with the European Government Institutions & Space Agencies providing crucial Services with over 300 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies