Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. We have over 40 years’ experience in supporting the space sector: Since the creation of the European Space Agency (ESA), our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Documentalist, based in Noordwijk (Netherlands) .
Please note: this position is offered as 32 hours per week
The post-holder will focus on the below main responsibilities:
• Gathering of deliverable documents from Industry, Industrial Consortium,
Technical Officers and in-house experts
• Document registration, distribution and archiving, as well as provision of
reproduction services as needed
• Handling confidential and export controlled information (e.g. ITAR) and
access rights of users with respect to these deliverables
• Provide assistance in documentation handling to the partners of the
studies and small fast-track science missions of the Future Missions
Department, and support users in retrieving documents from sources
such as Eclipse, FTPs
• Build up and maintenance of the studies, small fast-track missions and
PRODEX registration/filing system, acting as a point of contact for
documentation/administrative tools (e.g. Eclipse and other Eclipse
• Create all reviews platforms in Eclipse (e.g. PRRs, SRRs, PDRs,
• Coordinate the set-up of various internal and external file exchanging
platforms (e.g. FTP)
• Support to enhancements of the document management system and
concepts, and future improvements
• Provision of various logistic and administration support to the members
of the Future Missions Department (e.g. organisation of meetings, visitors
registration, mission management)
• Preparation of memo’s and letters in support of the Department
The successful Candidate will bring:
• Deep knowledge and demonstrated sound experience with the Eclipse
documentation management system, the set-up of projects reviews and
the set-up of the documentation exchange system between multiple
entities (ESA, Industry, Scientific Institutions…)
• The candidate shall have experience in the preparation and
implementation phases of a mission; experience in a Scientific mission is
a definite asset
• The candidate shall have some experience in handling confidential and
export controlled documentation
• The candidate shall have also experience in the support of the logistics
and administration of a space science project
• Proficiency in MS Office packages
• The candidate shall be highly organised, with attention to details and be
able to efficiently work under pressure and stringent schedule
• The candidate shall demonstrate excellent communication skills, have
distinctive customer focus and be a strong team player
• Proficiency in the English language is a mandatory requirement
• Proficiency in French and Dutch languages is an important asset
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Make a difference everyday.
At Serco everyone has an important role to play. Take pride in what you do.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
• Retirement plans
• Company events
• Contact Serco Europe Recruitment Team for further information
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries. In Europe, Serco supports governments and international organisations in the delivery of essential public services with operations in Belgium, France and French Guyana, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland.
Serco is a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA). We have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service and to keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play. We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
If you share our values and want to join a team of over 50,000 passionate colleagues globally we want to hear from you.
Make a difference every day.
Serco European Agencies