RT-C/NAV-SP/00081 - Logistics and Physical Security Engineer
Serco Nederland BV,/ Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Logistics and Physical Security Engineer based at ESTEC.
The ideal candidate will concentrate his/her activities on the following tasks:
ICT Security Definition set up, maintenance and operation of the ICT security related matters of the D/NAV directorate dedicated infrastructure for the management of classified and unclassified information, in close coordination with D/NAV IT manager. This includes:
• Definition, implementation and control of ICT infrastructure for classified information (Galileo Secure Environment).
• Coordination with D/NAV IT manager and ESA Corporate ICT services for delta security-related ICT services (e.g. HD encryption, security threats and incidents, virus alerts handling, etc.).
• Coordination with counterparts in other security offices within ESA (PRS Lab, ETS test facilities, EGNOS) for issues concerning the D/NAV ICT Security.
• Establishment, operation and maintenance of classified communication networks (SINA) in support of procurement and operational tasks.
• Support the procurement of delta equipment, software and services in the domain of ICT Security.
• Provide direct support to the Head of the Physical, ICT & Personnel Security Unit in the management of the Galileo Secured Environment and supervise its day today operations.
• Provide direct technical advice to D/NAV and Navigation Security Office Management to support decisions on ICT, Logistics, and Physical Security.
• Perform and/or supervise the set-up, securing, administration and maintenance of ad-hoc D/NAV ICT infrastructure.
• Ensure that effective backup procedures are in place and carried out in accordance with the SECOPS of the specific system under his responsibility.
• Ensure that the emergency recovery procedures, as detailed in the SECOPS, are in place and exercised at regular intervals.
• Ensure that all personnel having access to a system have the required “Need-To Know” and are appropriately security cleared, if necessary.
• Ensure that accounting, audit and other security-related records are maintained and examined in accordance with the SECOPS.
• Report any security breaches, vulnerabilities or anomalies to the responsible management, the ESACERT as appropriate, and take the necessary actions deriving from the incident response.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate shall have:
• Master level education in IT Security, Cyber Security or equivalent.
• At least 4 years of relevant experience.
• In possession of EU/national/NATO personal security clearance up to SECRET
• Previous experience and qualifications on INFOSEC & Physical security.
• Previous experience with system hardening and accreditation process.
• Previous experience with handling Classified Information and its protection (NTK, ACL, RBAC, FIM)
• Previous experience with handling Crypto material (Keys, Smartcards)
• Previous experience with Public Key Infrastructures (PKI)
• Previous experience with Microsoft Windows Server and Client environments, Active Directory, GPOs
• Previous experience with Linux platforms
• Previous experience with Virtualisation technologies (VMWare vCenter, Horizon View).
• Knowledge and working experience with security monitoring tools (SIEM, Syslog)
• Knowledge and working experience with File Transfer technologies (FTP, SFTP)
• Previous experience with Networking technologies like Switches, Routers and Firewall configuration
• Voice-over-IP technologies, Asterix PBX and Cisco IP Phones
• Experience with ITIL and/or PRINCE2.
• Experience with ISO 27000 implementation
• Excellent communication skills (written, interpersonal, negotiation and telephone communications) are crucial.
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to work under presure
• High senses of rigour, proactive attitude to solving problems.
• Service orientation
• A very good working knowledge of spoken and written English is essential
• Excellent team work skills
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time
Highly competitive salary
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services, employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries.
We work closely with the European Government Institutions & Space Agencies providing crucial Services with over 300 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies