RT-C/NAV-SP/00078 Logistics and Physical Security Engineer
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an ICT, Logistics and Physical Security Engineer (NAV).
This position covers the establishment, maintenance and operation of security related processes and technical infrastructure (general and security specific ICT, access control and intrusion detection systems, encryption devices and networks, etc.) and the execution of administrative activities associated to it.
These tasks are carried out with the relevant ESA services in the support
directorates and in coordination with other NAV services and units.
Physical Security Definition, set up, maintenance and operation of CCTV, access control and intrusion detection systems of D/NAV directorate, dedicated infrastructure for the management of classified and unclassified information. This includes:
- Coordination with ESA Security Office for accreditation and with ESA Corporate services (Facility Management for implementation, maintenance and operations,).
- Coordination with counterparts in other security offices within ESA (PRS Lab, ETS test facilities, ESOC) for issues concerned with the D/NAV Physical Security and logistics.
- Support the procurement of delta equipment, software and services in the domain of Physical Security.
ICT Security Definition set up, maintenance and operation of the ICT Security related matters of the D/NAV directorate dedicated infrastructure for the management of classified and unclassified information, in close coordination with D/NAV IT manager.
- Definition, implementation and control of ICT infrastructure for classified information (Galileo Secure Environment).
- Coordination with D/NAV IT manager and ESA Corporate ICT services for delta security-related ICT services (e.g. HD encryption, security threats and incidents, virus alerts handling, etc.).
- Coordination with counterparts in other security offices within ESA (PRS Lab, ETS test facilities, EGNOS) for issues concerning the D/NAV ICT Security.
- Establishment, operation and maintenance of classified communication networks (SINA) in support of procurement and operational tasks.
- Support the procurement of delta equipment, software and services in the domain of ICT Security.
- Provide direct support to the Head of the Physical, ICT & Personnel Security Unit in the management of the Galileo Secured Environment and supervise its day today operations.
- Provide direct technical advice to D/NAV and Navigation Security Office Management to support decisions on ICT, Logistics, and Physical Security.
- Perform and/or supervise the set-up, securing, administration and maintenance of ad-hoc D/NAV ICT infrastructure.
- Ensure that effective backup procedures are in place and carried out in accordance with the SECOPS of the specific system under his responsibility.
- Ensure that the emergency recovery procedures, as detailed in the SECOPS, are in place and exercised at regular intervals.
- Ensure that all personnel having access to a system have the required “Need-To-Know” and are appropriately security cleared, if necessary.
- Ensure that accounting, audit and other security-related records are maintained and examined in accordance with the SECOPS.
- Report any security breaches, vulnerabilities or anomalies to the responsible management, the ESACERT as appropriate, and take the necessary actions deriving from the incident response.
The Ideal Candidate
As successful candidate you should have a Master level education in IT Security, Cyber Security or equivalent and bring at least 4 years of post-graduate experience. In addition you should comply with the following technical requirements:
- proven experience and qualifications on INFOSEC & Physical security;
- proven experience with system hardening and accreditation process;
- proven experience with handling Classified Information and its protection (NTK, ACL, RBAC, FIM);
- proven experience with handling Crypto material (Keys, Smartcards);
- proven experience with Public Key Infrastructures (PKI);
- proven experience with Microsoft Windows Server and Client
- environments, Active Directory, GPOs;
- proven experience with Linux platforms;
- proven experience with Virtualisation technologies (VMWare vCenter, Horizon View);
- knowledge and working experience with security monitoring tools (SIEM, Syslog);
- knowledge and working experience with File Transfer technologies (FTP, SFTP);
- previous experience with Networking technologies like Switches, Routers and Firewall configuration;
- Voice-over-IP technologies, Asterix PBX and Cisco IP Phones;
- experience with ITIL and/or PRINCE2;
- experience with ISO 27000 implementation.
Furthermore you should bring the following:
- excellent communication skills (written, interpersonal, negotiation and telephone communications).
- ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- ability to work under pressure.
- high senses of rigour, proactive attitude to solving problems.
- service orientation.
- a very good working knowledge of spoken and written English.
- excellent team works skills.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies