Secretary / Administrative Assistant (RT-C/NAV-NS/00094)
Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. We have over 40 years’ experience in supporting the space sector: Since the creation of the European Space Agency (ESA), our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Secretary / Administrative Assistant, based in Noordwijk (Netherlands).
The post-holder will be responsible to cover provision of secretarial and administrative support to ESA organisational entities (Divisions, Services, Offices) and Projects (called Unit herein). It will include the following tasks:
• Day-to-day support to Unit personnel regarding business travel arrangements, leave management, coordination of training.
• Dealing with incoming telephone calls and information requests
• Analysing incoming correspondence and documentation and managing distribution of outgoing correspondence and documentation.
• Provision of various logistic support to the Unit.
• Arrivals (office, phone, computer, security, access to databases, information systems) and departures (deregistration, etc.) of Unit personnel.
• Ordering of office supplies and maintenance of stationary.
• Room and resources bookings for meetings and/or events falling under the responsibility of the Unit.
• Administration and handling of shipment of goods and express mail.
• Tasks related to documentation management, distribution/registration of mail and documents.
• Organization of agenda and of meetings.
• Maintaining documents libraries for the Unit, including maintenance of change log, distribution lists, issue information notes to concerned users.
• Maintaining and following up actions lists for the Unit and taken minutes of coordination meetings for the Unit.
• Participation to organisation of events (e.g. workshops, conferences) as required.
In addition to the above that correspond to standard activities in support to an organisational unit, the right candidate may also cover the following tasks:
• Support to the Project Review Process.
• Support to visitor service: including access control, preparing visa applications, distribution of information material.
• ESA site administration: including periodical update (e.g. daily) of site schedule, updating and distribution of the site telephone list.
• Participation to the preparation and the publication of internal and external documents, including editing and proofreading.
• Data collection, extraction from various Corporate applications (e.g. SAP, PRISMA) and from various internal sources and data consistency checking and coherence analysis.
The successful Candidate will bring:
• Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken; knowledge of another official ESA language is and asset.
• For site specific functions fluent knowledge of the local national language is also required.
• Highly proficient with modern electronics office automation tools in particular Microsoft Office suite and electronic mailing (preferably Lotus Notes).
• Familiarity with ESA working environment in a similar position is a distinct advantage.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Make a difference everyday.
At Serco everyone has an important role to play. Take pride in what you do.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
• Company events
• Contact Serco Europe Recruitment Team for further information
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries. In Europe, Serco supports governments and international organisations in the delivery of essential public services with operations in Belgium, France and French Guyana, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland.
Serco is a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA). We have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service and to keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play. We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
If you share our values and want to join a team of over 50,000 passionate colleagues globally we want to hear from you.
Make a difference every day.
Serco European Agencies