RT-C/HRE-XE/00069 - System Engineering for Exploration Scenario
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a System Engineering for Exploration Scenario, based in ESTEC.
The candidate shall support the Exploration, Preparation and Research Technology Team with following tasks in this work package:
• Leading/supporting the implementation of ESA internal and industrial system definition studies at Phase 0/A/(B1) level, including associated payload and technology development activities, preparing future European activities and projects in the field of human and robotic exploration, addressing missions to Low Earth Orbit, Moon or Mars;
• Interfacing with study scientists and study science teams;
•Developing and maintaining key-driving requirements for future ESA development activities for exploration missions at mission, architecture, system and technology level in line with the HRE strategy;
•Monitoring international plans in the field of exploration and supporting, through interactions with international partners, the definition and analysis of future international exploration mission scenarios and associated technology requirements;
• Supporting activities organized by HRE in the field of exploration (workshops, round tables. etc.) and establishing/maintaining HRE databases related to Exploration activities;
• Contributing to the diffusion of the results of the performed activities and the transfer of knowledge across the Agency;
• Supporting HRE for other mission definition-related tasks, as required;
The ideal candidate must have:
•Master’s degree or equivalent qualifications in physics or engineering;
•Knowledge of human and robotic exploration programmes;
• Strong analytical skills and a system-mindset;
• At least four years relevant experience working in planetary mission Systems engineering is required. Experience of minimum 4 years in space missions systems engineering is desirable;
• Experience in mission analyses and trade-offs and/or electric propulsion mission design is considered an asset;
• Good analytical, organisational and reporting skills;
• Work experience in an international environment;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies