RT-C/HRE-S/00065 Space Resources Engineer
Serco Nederland BV,/ Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Space Resources Engineer based at ESTEC.
Under the direct authority of the Innovation and Strategy Team Leader, the post holder is responsible for the end-to-end delivery of the ESA Space Resource Strategy. This includes the maintenance of the strategy, the coordination of all related actions implemented within the European Space Exploration Envelope Programme and other relevant ESA programmes, the monitoring of progress and outcomes achieved as well as the implementation of stakeholder community building and engagement actions. Specifically, the main responsibilities will encompass the following activities:
- Monitoring the progress achieved in delivering the ESA Space Resource Strategy as well as for regularly updating it, taking into account the evolving international and European context and stakeholder community inputs.
- Definition and implementation of related ESA funded ground-based research and supporting the establishment and operations of the European Innovation Centre for Space Resources.
- Implementing activities and assigned studies aimed at integrating space resources into future space exploration mission architectures and supporting the identification of related cooperation opportunities with
- European institutions and international Partners.
- Analysing the space resources value chain and economic impacts as well as identifying opportunities for engaging new organisations in ground and space-based research and development activities. This includes the identification and assessment of potential commercial applications derived from Space Resources related investments in research and development.
- Establishing and managing partnerships with European and international organisations aimed at advancing the challenge-driven Space Resources Strategy.
- Leading the definition and implementation of stakeholder community building and engagement actions.
- Identifying knowledge gaps and critical technologies for extraction and mining of Space resources and establishing and maintaining an overall technology maturation plan.
- Establishing and implementing a comprehensive approach for managing Space Resources related knowledge.
- Monitoring the international and European policy and legal framework for Space Resources and assessing implications on ESA activities.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate should bring the following skills and experience:
- PhD or MSc Engineering and/or science, from a recognised Institution. An additional master’s in business and Administration is considered an asset.
- It is needed a 5-year experience in working on Space Resources related research and development and as well as a proven track-record of successfully managing innovation projects and initiatives and establishing
- strategic partnerships.
- In depth knowledge of space resources related research and development
- Knowledge of space system engineering
- Multi-disciplinary knowledge of area of responsibility
- Knowledge of innovation processes and tools
- Knowledge of the global space exploration plans and programmes
- Driving performance
- Developing and motivating people
- Fostering cooperation and effective team working
- Results orientation
- Systems and broader business thinking
- Innovation and creativity
- Relationship management
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Highly competitive salary
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services, employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries.
We work closely with the European Government Institutions & Space Agencies providing crucial Services with over 300 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies