RT-C/HIF-MC/00119 - Assistant Resource Controller
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Resource Controller, based in ESTEC.
The ideal candidate will concentrate his/her activities on the following tasks:
- It covers support to the planning, monitoring and operations of the BU’s financial resources (i.e. budgets, costs and disbursement) and to ensuring the overall coherence with the BU’s activities. It includes in particular support to:
- Elaboration of recharge rates for the Cost Centres of the BU, controlling of their overall financial balance, contribution to the recharging process.
- Monitoring and controlling of the financial resources versus plans, identifying deviations w.r.t. plans/targets and producing related reports to the responsible management, etc;
- Maintaining related master data for the BU such as WBS, Analysis/Cost Centres.
- Contributing to the overall efficiency of related processes and tools, and to coherence and quality of related data.
In Addition the following Tasks are specifically required:
- Implementing all administrative actions related to procurement and contractual matters, including data entry in ESA Corporate (sap) and local application as appropriate and monitoring of financial commitments and payment milestones, invoicing, etc.;
- Supporting the Business Unit Control (BUC) Office during the financial interim and year-end closure and for any other processes as required.
- Supporting the BUC Office in the implementation of the overall workforce resource planning including the writing of the Service Level Agreements with the internal clients and obtaining their signatures.
- Collecting, consolidating and implementing (internal EXCEL database and dedicated SAP module Timesheet Accounting System (TAS)) the required adjustments of the Service Level Agreements, necessary for the manpower rate calculation of the Business Unit concerned.
- Supporting the administrative implementation and monitoring of the manpower capacity in TAS for the domains under her/his direct responsibility.
- To act as Local Configurator of Timesheet system.
- Acting as Cost Centre Controller for some designated BU of a Department;
- Supporting the implementation and monitoring of the designated BU EsaNow IT Policy.
- Liaising with the ESTEC Frame contract / procurement team for the issuing of Requests for Tender and subsequent implementation in THREAD for contractor workforce management.
- Other ad-hoc tasks as requested by management.
The successful candidate shall have:
- Detailed knowledge of the ESA’s Working and Procurement procedures is highly desirable.
- Ability to liaise directly and independently with the Contracts and Purchase Office to follow up all relevant activities related to Shopping Carts, RFX, TEB nominations etc;
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office tools is a necessity as well as financial and related systems (SAP).
- The ability to work effectively under pressure both within a team and autonomously.
- University degree (Bachelor) from a recognised Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration (with an understanding of finance processes), with relevant experience.
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel is a requirement.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies