RT-C/HIF-FAA/00127 - Fixed Assets Administrator
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Fixed Assets Administrator, based in ESTEC.
The successful candidate will focus his/her activities on the following:
- Monitor in close cooperation with the Directorates, all financial and non-Financial modifications to Fixed assets in compliance with ESA internal policies and procedures;
- Collect capital expenditure information, analyse nature and review supporting documentation to determine eligibility for capitalisation as construction and development assets;
- Support the Directorates for performing the periodic physical inspection of fixed assets, reviewing the results, conducting necessary follow up and accounting adjustments;
- Based on the information provided by the Directorates, perform accounting for equipment disposals, impairments….
- Reconcile property, equipment and intangible assets sub-ledgers to General Ledger;
- Track the compilation of project costs into fixed asset accounts, and close out those accounts once the related projects have been completed;
- Maintain fixed assets master data in the corporate database;
- Review and update the detailed schedule of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation;
- Provide timely support to project teams on matters related to fixed assets acquisition, development and or management.
- Any other ad-hoc queries as assigned
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will bring:
- Master Degree in finance/accounting or equivalent qualification/Work experience at least 4 years of relevant work experience;
- Consistent, relevant work experience in the domain of Fixed Asset. Solid experience and excellent understanding of IFRS/IPSAS, in particular IPSAS 17 and IPSAS 31;
- Management / Accounting in a multinational company with long term development projects;
- Ability to interface with technical owners of fixed assets and willingness to understand their perspective;
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal and Ability to work well in team;
- Strong knowledge of SAP FI-AA and MS Excel;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage;
- Experience working in a high volume environment and/or with multiple business lines.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies