RT-C/HIF-ETF/00131 Multidisciplinary Project Coordination Engineer
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Multidisciplinary Project Coordination Engineer, based in Noordwijk.
Under the direct authority of the Head of the ESTEC Facility Management (FM) Infrastructure Section, the post holder shall be responsible for the coordination of FM general purpose infrastructure projects, including the following activities:
- Preparation of programme of requirements for the initiation of projects, of project initiation documents and project plans including forecast about budget and manpower resource needs, of statements of works and technical description, of feasibility studies and business cases, and the request and delivery of the necessary permits;
- Preparation and active support to the ESA Technical Officer in the procurement of general purpose infrastructure activities including the preparation of tender documents including technical specifications, the participation in tender evaluation boards, the review of tender offers, the negotiation and selection of contractors for the execution of the activities;
- Reviewing conceptual studies, technical experts’ inputs and/or engineering studies (e.g. concept designs, preliminary designs, technical notes, …) related to general purpose infrastructure projects or related to the execution of preventive and corrective maintenance activities which are outsourced to an external company;
- Ensuring the proper coordination and execution of general purpose infrastructure project activities by outsourced contractors, including the monitoring of all related activities, the compliance to the applicable norms and legislations, the compliance to the project requirements and schedule, the organisation and reporting of project reviews, the control of the performance of the contractors, the maintenance of a project library and documentation, the follow- up/coordination of changes to the project scope, and the review of payments;
- Coordinating the commissioning and acceptance of the works upon project delivery, preparing the close-out of the projects, including the follow up of eventual non-conformance items, preparing acceptance certificates, reviewing and archiving ‘as-built’ documentation;
- The post holder could be led to temporarily take over the coordination of activities of another project coordinator, during his/her absence. The post holder shall therefore be capable to understand and follow the activities carried out by the pool of project coordinators within the section.
The post holder shall have:
- Master's degree or equivalent qualification in Architecture, Civil Engineering or in Mechanical Facilities Engineering or in Electrical Engineering;
- A substantial experience (minimum 4 years) and a proven capability in building construction and/or building maintenance or in the coordination of Facility Management projects;
- Sound analytical skills e.g. be able to analyse any technical issue or infrastructure installation and create a clear and detailed technical report for root cause analysis, improvement or repair;
- As much hand-on technical as procedure thinking skills, and the ability to work autonomously as well as with a team. An experience of ESA tender rules & procedures and of international procurement methodology would be an asset.
- The post holder shall have a good planning and organisational skills, team spirit and ability to work in an international environment.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. A good knowledge of one of these two languages is required together with a working knowledge of the other language.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies