RT-C/HIF-ETF/00116 Electrical Engineer
Serco Nederland BV,/ Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Engineer based at ESTEC.
The core tasks of the Electrical Facilities Engineer will consist in the following activities:
- Providing active assistance to the EFM Electrical Engineer in charge of the ESTEC electrical installations under the responsibility of the EFM division, and to the Electrical Compliance Engineer;
- Controlling, monitoring and reviewing -- notably by means of key performance indicators -- the execution of preventive- and corrective maintenance activities carried out by the on-site maintenance contractor (or by sub-contracted third-party companies) on the general infrastructure technical installations;
- Reviewing, coordinating and monitoring all activities related to the construction, renovation, or modification of the technical infrastructure installations; these activities are of a various nature: ad-hoc requests for
- works, refurbishments, new projects or investments;
- Monitoring and controlling the compliance with the applicable norms and legislations of all the works carried out by the on-site maintenance contractor or other third-party companies on the technical installations;
- Preparing work descriptions, technical specifications, or any other technical documents necessary for the coordination of small to large size projects related to technical installations;
- Providing active assistance on multi-disciplinary projects where works/activities on the technical installations are involved;
- Providing active assistance for the preparation, organisation, review and validation of work acceptance tests after construction, renovation, modification or maintenance of the technical installations;
- Implementation and maintenance of service and quality assurance procedures;
- Providing active assistance for studies about the operational condition, the performance, the upgrade and improvement of the technical installations and preparing corresponding improvement plans;
- Liaising, closely cooperating and maintaining a sound working relationship with colleagues within the section, in or outside the department, and with the site maintenance contractor.
- Identifying and implementing measures that will contribute to ESA’s commitment to reduce its energy consumption and CO2 footprint.
- The successful candidate shall be ready to provide assistance on short notice in case of technical problems, operational requirements or emergencies.
The Ideal Candidate
- The successful candidate should bring at least a Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or in Facilities
- Management Engineering;
- At least a 5-year experience in building infrastructure and Facilities Management, with Electrical Engineering as an area of expertise;
- A proven capability in the above areas of responsibility and technical Facilities Management systems. A good knowledge of building automation tools is required.
- Good knowledge of the applicable norms and legislation, notably the applied electrical safety legislation and norms. The post holder shall manage, run and supervise works on high- and low voltage installations NEN-EN50110 (NEN 3840 and NEN3140) and NEN1010. The candidate must therefore be in possession of the relevant certification or ready to obtain the corresponding Dutch qualification by following the appropriate
- Sound analytical skills; be able to analyse any situation, issue or installation and create a clear and detailed technical report for root cause analysis, improvement or repair;
- Good skills in the MS Office software package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio);
- Moreover, applicants should be able to work autonomously and be eager to learn and acquire further knowledge in building systems engineering.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. A good knowledge of one of these two languages is required. Knowledge of another member state language or of a language used within ESA’s environment is an advantage.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Highly competitive salary
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services, employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries.
We work closely with the European Government Institutions & Space Agencies providing crucial Services with over 300 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies