RT-C/HIF-EPH/00101 Secretary / Administrative Assistant
Serco Nederland BV,/ Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Secretary / Administrative Assistant based at ECSAT (The European Centre for Space Applications and Telecommunications).
The positions is offered as a permanent contract with 20 hours per week.
The ideal candidate will focus on the following tasks:
- Day-to-day support to Unit personnel regarding business travel arrangements, leave management, coordination of training.
- Dealing with incoming telephone calls and information requests.
- Analysing incoming correspondence and documentation and managing distribution of outgoing correspondence and documentation.
- Provision of various logistic support to the Unit.
- Arrivals (office, phone, computer, security, access to databases, information systems) and departures (deregistration, etc.) of Unit personnel.
- Ordering of office supplies and maintenance of stationary.
- Room and resources bookings for meetings and/or events falling under the responsibility of the Unit.
- Administration and handling of shipment of goods and express mail.
- Tasks related to documentation management, distribution/registration of mail and documents.
- Organization of agenda and of meetings.
- Maintaining documents libraries for the Unit, including maintenance of change log, distribution lists, issue information notes to concerned users.
- Maintaining and following up actions lists for the Unit and taken minutes of coordination meetings for the Unit.
- Participation to organisation of events (e.g. workshops, conferences) as required.
In addition to the above that correspond to standard activities in support to an organisational unit, the successful candidate will have the following tasks:
- Support to the Project Review Process.
- Support to visitor service: including access control, preparing visa applications, distribution of information material.
- ESA site administration: including periodical update (e.g. daily) of site schedule, updating and distribution of the site telephone list.
- Participation to the preparation and the publication of internal and external documents, including editing and proofreading.
- Data collection, extraction from various corporate applications (e.g. SAP, PRISMA) and from various internal sources and data consistency checking and coherence analysis.
Specific for ECSAT:
- Pro-actively supporting the ECSAT Site Manager in following up of actions, and interfacing with nominated external partners.
- Minute writing support for meetings called by ECSAT Site Manager, according to need.
- Ad-hoc support to the ECSAT Site Manager in restructuring the document set-up for the unit, or other secretarial tasks as and when needed.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate shall have successfully completed secondary education and professional training in administrative support or communication, and minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience in the tasks mentioned above.
The ideal candidate should also have appropriate skills and specific experience in the following fields:
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken; knowledge of another official ESA language is and asset.
- For site specific functions fluent knowledge of the local national language is also required.
- Highly proficient with modern electronics office automation tools in particular Microsoft Office suite and electronic mailing (preferably Lotus Notes).
- Familiarity with ESA working environment in a similar position is a distinct advantage.
- Professional in all dealings with ECSAT staff, contractors and visitors.
- Highly flexible, efficient, well organised and have an eye for detail.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Highly competitive salary
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services, employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries.
We work closely with the European Government Institutions & Space Agencies providing crucial Services with over 300 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies