RT-C/HIF-EDB/00143 Business Controller
Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. We have over 40 years’ experience in supporting the space sector: Since the creation of the European Space Agency (ESA), our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Business Controller , based in ESTEC (Noordwijk, Netherlands).
The right candidate will be charge of General Management Support and Controlling and will carry out the following tasks:
• Support to the processes related to the main resources of the
organizational entity (i.e. budgets, manpower, staffing), including planning, execution and follow-up of the activities and resources (budgets, manpower, missions, recharges) of the Business Unit.
• Support to the planning, preparation, execution and follow-up of activities and related procurement actions as relevant managed by the Business Unit and of associated progress in terms of output / schedule / resources.
• Assessment and monitoring of the status of the procurement actions (using ESA Corporate and local IT Tools) including activity progress, maintenance of payment plans, correctness of financial charging, invoicing and payment.
• Implementing all administrative actions related to procurement and contractual matters, including data entry in ESA Corporate (e.g. SAP) and local application as appropriate and monitoring of financial commitments and payment milestones, invoicing, etc.
• Maintaining up to date the related data, performing data analysis, identifying deviations w.r.t. plans/targets and production of associated reports to the responsible management and to the concerned customers.
• Assisting in the definition, preparation, implementation and maintenance of management support tools to ensure efficient execution of the related tasks.
• Liaison with Contract, Budget and Payment Officers to ensure the coherence of the internal and external administrative data.
• Contribution to the definition of new and improvement of existing related processes and tools and production of related documents.
• Coordinate the work of the cost controller team in the Business Development and Management Support Office and liaise with
administrators in the department to ensure coherence of the internal and
external administrative data;
• Coordinate implementation and operation of uniform procedures for the
management and control of the Directorate’s budgets, ensuring proper
coherence and quality of data;
• Support the coordination and consolidation of Business Planning and
Reporting Activities in the department, in particular for Investment
• Provide expertise on Management Support Tools and continuous
support to team trainings;
• Provide support to other activities within the Office to ensure
consistency and continuity, and to internal and external interfaces as
The ideal candidate will bring:
• Masters in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or equivalent
advanced University degree.
• Relevant experience in SAP is essential
• Experience in Facilities Management is desirable
•Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken, knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
•Ability to rapidly understand and adapt to ESA specific context and environment including ESA corporate IT applications. Past experience with ESA in relevant activities is an asset.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies