RT-C/DG-SE/00068 - Secretary / Administrative Assistant
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Secretary / Administrative Assistant, based in ESTEC, Noordwijk.
The work package covers provision of secretarial and administrative support to ESA organisational entities (Divisions, Services, Offices) and Projects (called Unit herein).
It includes the following tasks:
- Day-to-day support to Unit personnel regarding business travel arrangements, leave management, coordination of training;
- Dealing with incoming telephone calls and information requests;
- Analysing incoming correspondence and documentation and managing distribution of outgoing correspondence and documentation;
- Provision of various logistic support to the Unit;
- Arrivals (office, phone, computer, security, access to databases, information systems) and departures (deregistration, etc.) of Unit personnel;
- Ordering of office supplies and maintenance of stationary;
- Room and resources bookings for meetings and/or events falling under the responsibility of the Unit;
- Administration and handling of shipment of goods and express mail.
- Tasks related to documentation management, distribution/registration of mail and documents;
- Organization of agenda and of meetings;
- Maintaining documents libraries for the Unit, including maintenance of change log, distribution lists, issue information notes to concerned users;
- Maintaining and following up actions lists for the Unit and taken minutes of coordination meetings for the Unit;
- Participation to organisation of events (e.g. workshops, conferences) as required.
In addition to the above that correspond to standard activities in support to an organisational unit, the work package may also cover the following tasks:
- Support to the Project Review Process;
- Support to visitor service: including access control, preparing visa applications, distribution of information material;
- ESA site administration: including periodical update (e.g. daily) of site schedule, updating and distribution of the site telephone list;
- Participation to the preparation and the publication of internal and external documents, including editing and proofreading;
- Data collection, extraction from various corporate applications (e.g. SAP, PRISMA) and from various internal sources and data consistency checking and coherence analysis.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate must have the appropriate skills and specific experience in the following fields:
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken; knowledge of another official ESA language is and asset.
- For site specific functions fluent knowledge of the local national language is an asset.
- Highly proficient with modern electronics office automation tools in particular Microsoft Office suite and electronic mailing (preferably Lotus Notes).
- Familiarity with ESA working environment in a similar position is a distinct advantage.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies