RFfS 0080 JAVA SDK and EE Developer
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Domain Expertise in Software development , based in EMA, Amsterdam.
Role specific skills, competencies & responsibilities:
• Assistance with design activities and prototyping;
• Design and implement software, based on requirements and analysis artefacts supplied by the System Analysts;
• Implement and perform unit tests reflecting system specifications;
• Implement and maintain the necessary software development lifecycle artefacts;
• Working experience in using static code analysis software and addressing violations raised by the product;
• Working experience in using defect tracking software and addressing defects;
• Experience in working in an environment with technical teams comprised of testers, analysts and system administrators and solution architects;
• Capacity to assist the support team with training the users of the system;
• Assistance with operational support of software produced;
• Capacity to assist with evaluating and testing products delivered by external system suppliers to ensure that they conform to EMA requirements and methodology.
• Knowledge in IT Service Management and/or Risk frameworks, and/or international standards.
Contribute to the delivery of the Clinical trial application
•Investigate technical issues in SAT environments
•Assist with quality assessment of technical deliverables and software delivery process
•Knowledge of Java SDK and EE are key since most of the implementation relies on Java Frameworks
•Knowledge of the JAVA SDK and EE, coding best practices, the Oracle secure coding standard, source code review process, application performance profiling, CI and DevOPs tooling are required skills, competencies & responsibilities
• Communication abilities:
- Able to liaise with different stakeholders (e.g. business users, management and development teams) to understand requirements and communicate key technical issues appropriate for the audience.
- Liaise with release managers, operations and support teams, providing the necessary documentation support and training to transition the system to production.
• Time management:
- Ability to monitor progress against plans
- Ability to recognise the need to escalate issues as they become apparent.
The ideal candidate must have:
•Relevant professional qualifications such as ISEB, TOGAF, Oracle/Java Developer Certification or other Software Development Certifications are desirable – unless specified as mandatory in the request for service
Mandatory work experience
•Working experience in development with Java. Java 8 (or higher), Weblogic application server or other JEE 6 application server, JPA, JTA, Spring framework (5 years)
•Working experience with AngularJS (3 years);
•Working experience in development with Oracle SQL (12c) databases (3 years)
•Working experience in development with Web services technologies (REST/SOAP) (1 year)
•Working experience in XML, XSD, XSL, JSON technologies (3 years)
•Working experience in implementing messaging systems JMS (Weblogic or equivalent: e.g. ActiveMQ) (3 years)
•Working experience in implementing workflow systems (3 years)
•Working experience with Linux (1 year)
•Working experience with Git, Maven, and Junit (3 years)
Desirable work experience
•Relevant professional qualifications (e.g. Software Architecture, Java, Identity Access Management, Workflow/Case management, Portal/Content Management and Unified Communications) are desirable
•Weblogic configuration and maintenance
•Automation with Jenkins
•SonarQube or other static code analysis tools
•Linux basic shell knowledge
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies