RF Payloads Plus Microwave & Mmwaves Technology & Equipment Engineer
We have an exciting (and challenging) opening for an RF Payloads Plus Microwave & Mmwaves Technology & Equipment Engineer in Noordwijk.
Dynamic, Energetic, Entrepreneurial, Highly Motivated, Resilient … If this describes you then we would love to hear from you :)
Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
- Serco – The employer of choice for a career within the Space Sector.
Serco are a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA), we have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
- Join our community of space specialists across Europe
We are proud to support the European institutional Space landscape: Serco boasts an extensive network of Space professionals located at our offices in Darmstadt, Noordwijk, Frascati, Paris and Madrid, all within close proximity of our two largest space sector customers, European Space Agency/European Space Operations Centre (ESA/ESOC) and European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT).
- Supporting Women in Aerospace
Diversity and Inclusion is extremely important to us. Supporting women's opportunities, development and visibility in the space sector is key and that is why we are proud members and supporters of Women in Aerospace Europe, a dynamic and global network supporting women's careers in Aerospace.
As RF Payloads Plus Microwave & Mmwaves Technology & Equipment EngineerX you will concentrate your activities on the following:
- Contribute to internal R&D activities for the design, modelling, architectural trade-off and performance assessment of advanced RF and microwave instruments for Earth Observation, and/or navigation payloads, and/or satellite communication payloads, with main emphasis on payloads based on digital signal processing and active antennas.
- Perform technical management of R&D activities with industry/institutions in the field of advanced payload concepts and sub-systems/equipment development.
- Provide expert RF payload technical support to ESA projects and programmes.
- Contribute to the generation and promotion of innovative ideas for future satellite missions in the field of RF payloads, including the definition of ESA R&D programmes.
- Define technical requirements and statements of work for R&D activities to be performed by industry, from early conceptual studies to full hardware development.
- Carry out computer simulations at system/subsystem level for the assessment of end-to-end payload and instrument performance.
- Contribute to the development/usage of section related laboratory facilities and analysis/simulation tools.
- Maintain state-of-the-art expertise by monitoring the RF/Microwave systems technological trends and applying them in the day-to-day tasks.
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
- Master’s degree in Telecommunications, Microwave or RF Electronics Engineering.
- 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Good background and several years of working experience on design, development and testing of Radio Frequency Payloads in the domain of Navigation and/or Earth observation and/or Telecommunications.
- Knowledge and experience in radio frequency and microwave payloads technologies based on active phased array antennas are considered an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in transmit/Receive Modules for microwave payloads is considered an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in digital signal processing units, and experience on payloads based on digital signal processing.
- Knowledge and experience in end-to-end payload performance and signal quality analysis.
- State-of-the-art RF analogue and (high-speed) digital signal processing techniques and technologies are considered an asset.
- Software and simulation tools and programming (Matlab/Simulink, ADS/VSS, C/C++, Python) is preferred.
- Profiles with Navigation Payloads and/or satellite Communication Payloads experience preferred
- Comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Knowledge of another EU member state language is an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the EU.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
• Company events
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies