RF Payloads Plus Microwave & Mmwaves Technology & Equipment Engineer
Are you fascinated about Space? Do you have a working experience in the field of RF Payloads? You could be our new RF Payloads Plus Microwave & Mmwaves Technology & Equipment Engineer. Come and join talented diverse Serco team at the European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC) based in Noordwijk, the Netherlands.
Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
As part of the Payload Engineering Section at ESA/ESTEC, you will have the following responsibilities:
The candidate will be assigned to the Payload Engineering section (TEC-EFP) with the role of “RF Payloads Engineer” and will work in one or more of the following domains:
- RF Navigation Payloads
- RF and Microwave Remote Sensing Instruments for Earth Observation
- RF Satellite Communication Payloads
The candidate will:
- Contribute to internal R&D activities for the design, modelling, architectural trade-off and performance assessment of advanced RF telecommunication and/or navigation payloads, with main emphasis on payloads based on digital signal processing and active antennas, and RF instruments for earth observation (Synthetic Aperture Radars, Altimeters, Scatterometers, Radiometers),
- Perform technical management of R&D activities with industry/institutions in the field of advanced payload concepts and sub-systems/equipment development,
- Provide RF payload technical support to ESA projects and programmes,
- Contribute to the generation and promotion of innovative ideas for future satellite missions in the field of RF payloads, including the definition of ESA R&D programmes,
- Define technical requirements and statements of work for R&D activities to be performed by industry, from early conceptual studies to full hardware development,
- Carry out computer simulations at system/subsystem level for the assessment of end-to-end payload and instrument performance,
- Contribute to the development/usage of section related laboratory facilities and analysis/simulation tools,
- Maintain state-of-the-art expertise by monitoring the RF/Microwave systems technological trends and applying them in the day-to-day tasks.
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
- Master or PhD in Telecommunications, Microwave or RF Electronics Engineering,
- Good background and several years of working experience on design, development and testing of Radio Frequency Payloads in the domain of Navigation and/or Earth observation and/or Telecommunications,
Knowledge and Experience on the following topics are considered an asset:
- Radio frequency and microwave payloads technologies based on active phased array antennas,
- Transmit/Receive Modules for microwave payloads,
- Digital signal processing units, and experience on payloads based on digital signal processing,
- End-to-end payload performance and signal quality analysis,
- State-of-the-art RF analogue and (high-speed) digital signal processing techniques and technologies,
- Software and simulation tools and programming (Matlab/Simulink, ADS/VSS, C/C++, Python),
- Promoting cooperation and team-working, problem solving.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
• Company events
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries. In Europe, Serco supports governments and international organisations in the delivery of essential public services with operations in Belgium, France and French Guyana, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service and to keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play. We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers.
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
If you share our values and want to join a team of over 50,000 passionate colleagues globally we want to hear from you.
Make a difference every day.
Take pride in what you do!
Serco European Agencies