Quality Assurance Manager with experience in tests’ automation (21567, min 7 years experience)
Serco is a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations. For the past 30 years, we have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, in Brussels and across Europe.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service –
To keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
We are hiring a Quality Assurance Manager with experience in tests’ automation for our prestigious partner DIGIT TM (DG Informatics) in Brussels. DIGIT-TM is a contract from the European Commission for IT services across Europe.
If you like to work in a multi-cultural and dynamic environment, this opportunity can answer to your expectation.
We look forward to meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
At Serco, we do not only offer a career but also the opportunity to join a community where everyone’s wellbeing matters, by living out the Serco values in all we do!
DESCRIPTION OF THE TASKS
The methodology is PM2-Agile.
Reporting tools are JIRA and Confluence.
This person will integrate an PM2-Agile team and should perform the following tasks (nonexhaustive):
• To develop and maintain automated tests namely using Selenium Webdriver.
• To develop tools for the purpose of testing (e.g. mock ups).
• To coach the colleagues in the tests’ automation and maintenance of testing tools.
• Elaboration and maintenance of IS quality control procedures.
• IS Quality control and evaluation.
• Provision of quality studies, quality assessments or other quality matters associated with
information system projects.
• Definition, elaboration and management of quality tests.
• Advice on quality improvements.
• Writing of testing documentation.
• Participation in meetings with the project teams.
• Documenting of the work performed in JIRA or Confluence as needed.
• Reporting of the activities using the relevant tools.
Education and Technical expertise
Level of education corresponding to Level 6 of the European Qualifications Framework (which
typically corresponds to a bachelor's level or 3 years of higher education).
Knowledge (minimum 0 years for level 0 up to 10 years for level 5) of experience in the following domains:
• Very good experience in tests automation.
• Experience with Selenium Web Driver using Java programming.
• Good knowledge about responsive, multi-device automated testing (e.g. desktop, laptop, tablet, smartphone).
• Good knowledge of testing methodologies and tools
• Good knowledge of application development environments.
• Good knowledge of the design and development of web and multi-tier applications.
• Good knowledge of information systems lifecycle
• Good knowledge of software development methodologies
• Strong capacity to coach the colleagues in tests’ automation.
• Able to work in a team
• Capable to communicate effectively with different actors involved (testers, developers, management etc.)
• Ability to apply high quality standards
Quality Assurance Manager with experience in tests’ automation, with the following specific
• Very good experience with Selenium Webdriver using Java programming.
• Good experience in Agile Development Lifecycle
• Experience with AWS Services
• Experience in Cloud and microservices technologies is an asset
• Experience with JAVA EE is an asset
• Experience with Maven, IntelliJ IDEA/Eclipse, SOAP, XML, XPath, SQL, Oracle, and Angular is an asset
• Knowledge of Cloud technologies is an asset
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
And the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies