Project Manager/Civil Engineer
Are you fascinated about Space? Do you have excellent planning and organisational skills and have worked with management and maintenance of outdoors and indoors facilities and buildings? You could be our new Project Manager/Civil Engineer. Come and join talented diverse Serco team at the European Organisation for the European Space Operations Centre (ESOC) based in Darmstadt, Germany.
Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
As Project Manager/Civil Engineer you will concentrate your activities on the following:
- Attending and representing Hard Services Section in Review and Project meetings as required;
- Support in the management and maintenance of ESOC outdoors facilities and buildings including offices, control rooms, laboratories and technical rooms, as well as ESOC Child Care Centre in Griesheim;
- Support in the planning, design and follow-up of new constructions, existing buildings refurbishment;
- Liaison with architects, consulting engineers, contractors and other external services related to projects;
- Support in the follow-up and supervision of civil projects performed by on- or off-site contractors;
- Supporting the control of the quality, specifications, costs and planning aspects of civil works performed by on- and off-site contractors;
- Support in the supervision and follow up of modifications requested by the various users of the site linked to offices, control rooms, laboratories and technical areas;
- Preparation and presentation of statements of work, reports and studies, as required;
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
- European Health and Safety Norms, German is a plus;
- Customer interfaces;
- System requirements definition;
- Project Management (small and large projects);
- Internal and external painting works;
- Preferable knowledge in Asbestos and harmful substances but not must;
- Interior and fitting-out works on walls, floors and tiles;
- Building roofs works;
- New building and refurbishment works;
- European Regulations, German is a plus;
- Recurring mandatory checks and inspections as required by the Building Authorities;
- Autocad skill is desired but not must.
Candidates are expected to demonstrate excellent planning and organisational skills, be able to work effectively in a team environment. They must possess good solving, communication and negotiation skills.
A good command of spoken and written English and German is required.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
• Company events
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries. In Europe, Serco supports governments and international organisations in the delivery of essential public services with operations in Belgium, France and French Guyana, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service and to keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play. We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers.
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
If you share our values and want to join a team of over 50,000 passionate colleagues globally we want to hear from you.
Make a difference every day.
Take pride in what you do!
Serco European Agencies