Please note this opportunity is subject to contract award
Are you able to manage project in its entire process ?
Serco Defence in Heverlee is searching for a new Project manager to join the dynamic and enthusiastic team there !
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing the Business analysis procedure.
- Giving proposals for project strategies, planning, definition of tasks and deliverables, review of project deliverables, quality control, risk analysis and management, status reports, problem reporting and management systems, follow up and organisation.
- Participating in functional working groups and progress meetings.
- Estimating costs, timescales and resource requirements for the successful completion of each project to agreed terms of reference.
- Preparing and maintaining project and quality plans and tracks activities against the plan, providing regular and accurate reports.
- Monitoring costs, timescales and resources used, and taking action where these deviate from agreed tolerances.
- Ensuring that delivered systems are implemented within these criteria.
- Giving advice and guiding projects both in terms of the process and in terms of facilities.
- Controlling performed works
- You have a Higher Education in Civil Engineering or proven experience in one of the following: Building Management, Energy, Construction Works, VCA, Industrial Installations (heating, ventilation, air compressors, water treatment, etc.), Maintenance Management
- You have minimum 5 years experience
- Cost conscious
- You like to take initiative and responsibility
- Fluency in English, Dutch and French
- Strong capacity in preparing and writing reports
- Strong capacity to give high-level presentations
- Ability to apply high-quality standards
- Capability for working in an international/multicultural environment
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Capability for working, drafting, and chairing or participating in meetings in English
For this position, you must have Belgian residency for minimum 5 years and a clean criminal record.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team. who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies