Project Manager / Technical Delivery Manager
Serco is a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations. For the past 30 years, we have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, in Brussels and across Europe.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service –
To keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
We’re looking for a Project Manager / Technical Delivery Manager, to reinforce the team in our Darmstadt office!
You will be responsible for successfully delivering IT workpackages, including supporting pre-sales, analysis, cross functional development and systems integration. You own the IT solution delivery and are ultimately responsible for the delivery of the cost, quality, and timely delivery of the IT solution. You will oversee all internal delivery teams as well as any external partners/suppliers delivering as part of the IT work-package.
The role is positioned within the Solutions function in ITS. The role reports to the Resource Pool Manager for tasking. You will work in conjunction with the Business Unit (BU) Delivery Partners and Solution Leads to develop solutions that require delivery as part of BU IT roadmaps and will maintain strong working relationships with Sector Leads across Serco to ensure compliance. IT work packages are often part of a larger IT Workstream and as such the Technical Delivery Manager may work into a Senior Technical Delivery Manager or Programme Manager. Individuals will be working with Serco Business teams, key capabilities in ITS and/or suppliers/partners to delivery repeatable solutions based on standard components, whilst always questioning and looking for competitive solutions outside the box.
We look forward to meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
Are you looking to secure a career in a public sector environment? We would love to hear from you!
As Project Manager / Technical Delivery Manager you will be responsible for:
IT Delivery & Execution
- Manages delivery of IT work-packages requested as part of a wider Business Project or Programme
- Ensure that IT deliverables are to the required standard of quality, within the constraints of time and cost as defined as part of IT work-package definition document (WDD)
- End to end IT delivery from acceptance of the request by ITS through to workpackage close down
- Controlling the scope of the work-package, ensuring all changes are managed effectively
- Responsible for overall progress and use of resources, and initiation of corrective action where required
- Direct management of delivery team and 3rd parties (where applicable)
- Manage risk, assumptions, issues and dependencies to ITS standards
- Effective communication – regular and consistent – to the business unit project manager (where applicable) and the BU Delivery Partner
- Responsible for ensuring IT delivery outputs are fully supported within the relevant ITS teams and that appropriate sign off is achieved
- Provide information to support quality and compliance audits as required
- Drive the speed of delivery through daily calls with project team recording all actions and escalating issues as appropriate
- Produce work-package reports as required by the project manager and ensure copied to the BU Delivery Partner
- Compliance with all DSO Governance e.g. Weekly reporting, gate reviews lesson learned, etc
Project Finance & Commercials
- Responsible for managing budgets, providing accurate financial workbooks in line with the Serco financial cycle
- Management of work-package delivery budgets.
- Manage delivery partners/suppliers to ensure they deliver in accordance with the contract (SLA’s)
- Identify and proactively resolve supplier issues quickly and easily
- Ensure optimum performance from supplier
- Ensure supplier applies effective use of standard methodology and process.
- Responsible for planning Service Acceptance and working with Operations team to ensure ready-for-service is achieved
- Responsible for ensuring delivery outputs are fully supported within the relevant Service line(s) and that sign off is achieved.
- Ensure working and current documentation is stored in a location that’s accessible by team members during the project
- Ensure all delivery documentation is baselined and stored in a location accessible by ongoing Operations teams.
- Support project boards as required by the business, chairing delivery team meetings (or Scrums) as required.
- Regularly liaise with teams across ITS to ensure delivery remains aligned to the strategies and objectives of the business and ITS.
- Liaise with the BU Delivery Partners and the ITS Resource Management team to ensure resource availability in line with project requirements.
- Ensure all reporting is consistent with the standards issued within ITS.
- For each work package, matrix manage the required staff to ensure successful delivery.
In return, we offer a friendly, supportive and professional environment that respects your work/life balance and ultimately contributes to the delivery of public services in Belgium and around the world.
Essential Technical and professional skills, knowledge and qualifications
- Significant project experience or technical delivery management of IT Change and IT projects as a Developer, Business Analyst or IT Project Manager See text from Steph.
- Strong experience in dealing with senior business users, determining delivery scope and priorities as well as resolving issues
- Skills and knowledge acquired through Development, Technical Design, or Technical Project Management.
- Good understanding and knowledge of Project Management, Change Management
- Foundational understanding of Systems Integration, Systems Development Life Cycle Methodologies, Quality Assurance and Testing, Requirements Gathering, and Systems Analysis and Design
- Proven history and track record of completing quality Technology projects on time, as well as a proven track record in coaching and mentoring others to success
- Proven ability to plan IT work-packages, building delivery backlogs, progress monitoring including budget control and milestone control; issue and risk management
- Excellent presentation skills and strong negotiation skills
- Ability to anticipate and build contingency plans
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations with perseverance and professionalism
- Ability to multi-task efficiently
- Good Project Management skills including: Estimating, Scope Management, Budget Management, Work-package Planning, Time Management, Risk Management, Change Management, Issue/Conflict Resolution, Communication Management, Quality Management, Testing Plans, Training Plans, Team Management
- Experience managing teams delivering IT work-packages and involvingmultiple software application integrators
- Knowledge of application development and system architecture
Additional/special features of the role
Must be willing to undergo BPSS security clearance. In some cases SC may be required Current Prince 2 Practitioner certification.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
And the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies