Project Manager (21659, min 13 years experience)
Serco is a partner of choice to the European Institutions and other International Organisations. For the past 30 years, we have been providing European and International Organisations a wide range of services including ICT services in support, infrastructure, operations and development as well as managing different contact centres for the key European Institutions, agencies and organisations, in Brussels and across Europe.
What connects the ever-growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service –
To keep ahead, we have to evolve continually and enhance the way we deliver our services. Everyone in Serco has a role to play, here.
Serco provides the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
We are hiring a Project manage for our prestigious partner DIGIT TM (DG Informatics) in Brussels. DIGIT-TM is a contract from the European Commission for IT services across Europe.
If you like to work in a multi-cultural and dynamic environment, this opportunity can answer to your expectation.
We look forward to meeting you! Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
At Serco, we do not only offer a career but also the opportunity to join a community where everyone’s wellbeing matters, by living out the Serco values in all we do!
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS
To reinforce the sector of more than 30 colleagues, we look for a motivated and service
oriented project manager with an excellent experience as functional/business analyst to
perform the following tasks:
• Scoping, definition and analysis of the business requirements.
• Participation in, or leading functional workshops, progress meetings and validation meetings with the users.
• Perform detailed functional analysis and produce structured documentation (UML diagrams, use cases, mock-ups, BPMN, etc.).
• Elicitation, analysis, specification, documentation, validation and management of requirements.
• Translate the analysis artefacts into agile epics, features and stories, for implementation in
agile delivery cycles.
• Guide from a functional perspective a small development team implementing specific features and stories, in an agile way. Able to take up the role of product owner or scrum master, which are the agile roles for filling in project management.
• Contribute together with the development team to the planning by providing estimations
of effort, timescale and resources required for the successful completion of the
• Validate and test the developed stories and features, and make sure they are in line with
the user expectations.
• Provide assistance and/or support in the resolution of production issues.
• Collaborate with other teams inside and outside the unit, to ensure a correct integration
• Customer orientation and stakeholder management
• Lean mindset, looking for the simplest design to generate added value first
• Result and service orientation
• Experienced in business analysis and gathering user requirements.
• Experienced in business process analysis and optimization, process modelling, analysis
techniques (business process, BPMN, context diagrams, UML, use cases, user stories).
• Experienced in SQL usage (DB consultation).
• Experienced in writing detailed functional analysis and produce structured documentation (UML diagrams, Use Cases, Mock-ups, etc.).
• Ability to apply high quality standards.
• Experience designing multilayer applications and integration points.
• Experience with (agile) project management: backlog management, grooming and refinement sessions, iterative planning and delivery, estimation techniques, incremental
• Testing skills (design, execution, documentation).
• Experienced in web applications.
• Experience in agile, also specifically from an analyst perspective.
• Good organisation and communication skills
• Team player and able to work autonomously
• Capability of integration in an international/multi-cultural environment, rapid selfstarting capability and experience in team working.
• Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, good communication skills.
• Fluency in English (written and orally).
• Fluency in French (written and orally).
• (proxy) Product owner experience.
• Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in application architecture and design.
• Usage of agile project management tools (scrum boards, Jira, Jira Align).
• Experienced working in large teams or agile programmes.
• Experience in the Commission’s grant and expert management applications is an advantage.
• Confluence, JIRA
• Agile mindset, practices and processes
• UML & BPMN modelling
• Oracle 10g
• WebLogic Server 12.2
• JEE 8 environment and standards
• Angular 5.0 +.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
And the chance to make a positive difference in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies