Project Manager (15308, L3)
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager, in an international organisation based in Brussels.
You will be responsible for the:
- Managing the Business analysis procedure seeking approval from the business project managers & sponsors.
- Giving proposals for project strategies, planning, definition of tasks and deliverables, review of project deliverables, quality control, risk analysis and management, status reports, problem reporting and management systems, follow up and organisation.
- Guiding the team in charge of project activities and review their deliverables.
- Participating in functional working groups and progress meetings.
- Estimating costs, timescales and resource requirements for the successful completion of each project to agreed terms of reference.
- Preparing and maintaining project and quality plans and tracks activities against the plan, providing regular and accurate reports.
- Monitoring costs, timescales and resources used, and taking action where these deviate from agreed tolerances. Ensuring that delivered systems are implemented within these criteria.
- Providing effective leadership for the project team ensuring that the development team understands the business needs.
- Seeking for simplification, process rationalization, harmonization of business processes in the Relex family and whenever possible within a corporate dimension.
- Identifying mechanisms and solutions for the integration of different existing applications within OPSYS.
- Liaising and coordinating with other Solution Managers, Solution providers, Program manager to ensure consistent analysis across tracks.
- Performing peer review of analysis across teams to detect and highlight any potential dependency with or impact on other track(s)/systems.
- Participating in the coordination of the different teams engaged in the design, testing and development of the solution.
- Participating and supporting programme planning, requirements analysis, User Acceptance testing and demo.
- Supporting the supervision of the quality, timing and increment delivery of the final product.
- Communicating on a daily basis with the Program Manager and the other Solution Providers.
You should have:
- Knowledge of Agile Development principle
- Knowledge of ITIL
- Knowledge of business process analysis and modelling
- Able to draft vision documents and business cases
- Knowledge of data flows and data quality monitoring
- Capability to ensure the role of Solution Manager and Product owner whenever required
- Able to organise, animate and participate in user representatives committees and tracks/programme meetings
- Able to work with Team Workspace tools such as Confluence and Jira
- Experience in definition of Logical Data Model
- In-depth knowledge of large organizations administrative business processes.
- Strong capacity in preparing and writing reports
- Strong capacity to give high-level presentations
- Ability to apply high-quality standards
- Capability for working in an international/multicultural environment
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Capability for working, drafting, and chairing or participating in meetings in English
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team. who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies