Programme/Project Controller (RT-C/TEC-PCT/00640)
Do you have a Business Control and Administration Manager background and have worked in environmental testing in Space sector? You could be our new Programme/Project Controller. Come join Serco team at the European Space Agency.
Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. We have over 40 years’ experience in supporting the space sector: Since the creation of the European Space Agency (ESA), our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
As Programme/Project Controller you will contribute to the smooth operations of the Directorate and to the efficient management of its resources and technical infrastructure, with particular emphasis on the control and administrative support functions necessary to execute activities and Programmes under the remit of the Technology Programme Office.
The successful candidate will be assigned to the Programme and Project Control Service under the direct responsibility of the Business Control and Administration Manager (BCAM) supporting the Technology Programme Office, with the following specific tasks:
• Assist the BCAM in implementing a pro-active control function, through:
- Proper cost and commitment planning, with regular reporting and related mid-term reviews to facilitate the timely initiation of the agreed work / procurement plans
- Monitoring the execution of activities flagging deviations and reporting on the main causes
- Coordinating internal resources and activities
- Interfacing with line management and stake holders
- Performing analysis and preparing reports (including drill down reporting, statistical analysis and trend analysis) and presentation material as necessary
• Contribute to the preparation of management and coordination meetings and support them on an ad/hoc basis
• Ensure all processes documentation is in place and up to date and
provide the necessary support and training to colleagues and newcomers
• Collaborate in the continuous improvement of the existing processes,
methods and tools
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
• Excellent analytical, organisational and reporting skills, a proactive
attitude to solving problems and a solid proficiency in IT tools
• Ability to manage large and complex data sets and to synthesize information
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and customer focus
• Ability to work autonomously, effectively and cooperatively in a diverse
and international team environment
• Previous experience on supporting the management of Technology Programmes as well as on Agency's practices and processes would be a distinct advantage
• Masters in Engineering or equivalent or MBA or equivalent University degree from a recognised Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration, with relevant experience
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
• Company events
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries. In Europe, Serco supports governments and international organisations in the delivery of essential public services with operations in Belgium, France and French Guyana, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service and to keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play. We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
If you share our values and want to join a team of over 50,000 passionate colleagues globally we want to hear from you.
Make a difference every day.
Serco European Agencies