Programme/Project Controller (RT-C/TEC-PCS/00645)
Do you have a previous experience of several years as project controller ? You could be our new Programme/Project Controller. Come join Serco team at the European Space Agency.
Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. We have over 40 years’ experience in supporting the space sector: Since the creation of the European Space Agency (ESA), our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
As Programme/Project Controller you will be responsible of the below tasks:
- The ideal candidate will contribute to the smooth operations of the TEC Directorate and to the efficient management of its resources and technical infrastructure. In particular, the post holder will be assigned to the Programme and Project Control Service and will provide support for the project control activities for the different projects under the responsibility of the Systems Department in TEC
- The right candidate may also be asked to provide general assistance in the field of resources and activities controlling under the responsibility of the department
Detailed tasks are listed below:
- Support to the planning, preparation, execution and follow-up of projects / programmes activities in terms of schedule, related procurement actions, costs including preparation of CaC as relevant, manpower including support, etc. including:
- Assisting in preparing, developing and maintaining programme level plans
- Assisting in the definition and in maintaining related work/procurement plans and related execution and contract actions plans using local tools as applicable
- Monitoring of the implementation of the programmes and of activities, as appropriate, and preparation of related reports and provision of management information as required
- Evaluating the results and main achievements of the programme, elaborating related KPIs, and preparing periodic overview publications.
- In the field of resources (i.e. financial and manpower) for programme/project(s):
- Assisting in the preparation of long-term, medium term and in-year resource plans.
- Monitoring and controlling the implementation of the plans in line with resource targets, performing forecasting, identifying deviations and related recovery actions, producing related reports.
- Reviewing / checking of ESA internal expenditures such as re-charges, support services and purchases for consistency with Cost–at– Completion (CAC) of industrial contracts.
- Checking commitments for consistency with budgets and ESA’s procedures and consumption of commitment ceiling and initiating related budgetary transfers as required.
- In the field of procurements and execution of contracts:
- Support to the preparation and follow-up of the Agency’s tender actions
- Support to the proposal evaluations as expert for the price and schedule verification and analysis
- Support to the preparation of the financial contract commitment and the data entry of the milestone payment plans in the Agency’s system(s)
- Contributing to the elaboration, consolidation of related procurement workplans and detailed implementation plans (e.g. Contract Action Plan baseline) and related commitment consumption, cost and disbursement profiles
- Ensuring that above plans are properly inserted in the appropriate management tools
- Following-up of the progress of the procurement actions and contracts, and keeping track of status and maintaining the current actual and forecasting in the appropriate ESA tools
- Creating related objects in ESA-p, maintaining corresponding information in local applications as required and ensuring the correctness and coherence of related information
- Monitoring and controlling of timely implementation of actions related to procurement and contractual matters, including monitoring of financial commitments, payment milestones and invoicing
- Supporting industrial invoicing process and payment verification and control
- Supporting programme inventory and export control activities, maintain relevant inventory databases
- In the field of programme industrial return
- Initiation and coordination of the periodic updating of relevant Industrial Return data base to reflect the current commitments status and the industrial policy forecast for planned activities.
- Verification of coherence with ESA corporate Industrial Return data.
- Maintenance of list of specific compensation or improvement measures and follow-up the implementation.
- Verification of coherence of proposed procurement actions with the planned industrial return policy targets of the programme/project, including the compensation measures.
- Support to programme/project level risk management.
- Maintaining up to date the related data, performing data analysis, identifying deviations w.r.t. plans/targets and production of associated reports to the responsible management and to the concerned customers when relevant
- Operation of the associated management information tools and system databases
- Support to the responsible entity in the definition of new and improvement of existing processes and tools and production of related documents
- Support the execution of the directorate’s Risk Management process.
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
- Masters degree or equivalent qualification in engineering.
- Previous experience of several years as project controller is desirable
- Ability to readily assimilate and coordinate input data and providing timely output. Reliability, rigor and initiative in the execution of the assigned tasks
- Ability to work independently and establish good working relations with the relevant stakeholders. Capacity to identify priority actions and to handle high workload
- Ability to understand and adapt to the Agency’s specific context and environment
- Excellent analytical, organisation and reporting skills together with a proactive attitude to solving problems and proficiency with IT tools
- Previous experience with relevant Agency’s corporate applications and/or TEC IT Tools would be a distinctive advantage. Previous experience working with SAP would be an asset.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
- Competitive Salary
- Corporate Benefits Package
- Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
- Company events
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries. In Europe, Serco supports governments and international organisations in the delivery of essential public services with operations in Belgium, France and French Guyana, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service and to keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play. We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
If you share our values and want to join a team of over 50,000 passionate colleagues globally we want to hear from you.
Make a difference every day.
Serco European Agencies