Programme/Project Controller (RT-C/NAV-MMA/00097)
Do you have SAP background and experiences in particular with ECC and SRM modules? You could be our new Programme/Project Controller. Come join Serco team at the European Space Agency.
Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. We have over 40 years’ experience in supporting the space sector: Since the creation of the European Space Agency (ESA), our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
As Programme/Project Controller you will:
• Support to the planning, preparation, execution and follow-up of projects /
programmes activities in terms of schedule, related procurement actions, costs
including preparation of CaC as relevant, manpower including support, etc. including:
o Assisting in preparing, developing and maintaining programme level plans.
o Assisting in the definition and in maintaining related work/procurement plans
and related execution and contract actions plans using local tools as applicable.
o Monitoring of the implementation of the programmes and of activities, as
appropriate, and preparation of related reports and provision of management
information as required.
o Evaluating the results and main achievements of the programme, elaborating
related KPIs, and preparing periodic overview publications.
• In the field of resources (i.e. financial and manpower) for programme/project(s):
o Assisting in the preparation of long-term, medium term and in-year resource
o Monitoring and controlling the implementation of the plans in line with resource
targets, performing forecasting, identifying deviations and related recovery
actions, producing related reports.
o Reviewing / checking of ESA internal expenditures such as re-charges, support
services and purchases for consistency with Cost–at– Completion (CAC) of
o Checking commitments for consistency with budgets and ESA’s procedures and
consumption of commitment ceiling and initiating related budgetary transfers
• In the field of procurements and execution of contracts:
o Support to the preparation and follow-up of the Agency’s tender actions.
o Support to the proposal evaluations as expert for the price and schedule
verification and analysis.
o Support to the preparation of the financial contract commitment and the data
entry of the milestone payment plans in the Agency’s system(s).
o Contributing to the elaboration, consolidation of related procurement workplans
and detailed implementation plans (e.g. Contract Action Plan baseline) and
related commitment consumption, cost and disbursement profiles.
o Ensuring that above plans are properly inserted in the appropriate management
o Following-up of the progress of the procurement actions and contracts, and
keeping track of status and maintaining the current actual and forecasting in the
appropriate ESA tools.
o Creating related objects in ESA-p, maintaining corresponding information in
local applications as required and ensuring the correctness and coherence of
o Monitoring and controlling of timely implementation of actions related to
procurement and contractual matters, including monitoring of financial
commitments, payment milestones and invoicing.
o Supporting industrial invoicing process and payment verification and control.
o Supporting programme inventory and export control activities, maintain
relevant inventory databases
• In the field of programme industrial return
o Initiation and coordination of the periodic updating of relevant Industrial
Return data base to reflect the current commitments status and the industrial
policy forecast for planned activities.
o Verification of coherence with ESA corporate Industrial Return data.
o Maintenance of list of specific compensation or improvement measures and
follow-up the implementation.
o Verification of coherence of proposed procurement actions with the planned
industrial return policy targets of the programme/project, including the compensation measures.
• Support to programme/project level risk management.
• Maintaining up to date the related data, performing data analysis, identifying
deviations w.r.t. plans/targets and production of associated reports to the responsible
management and to the concerned customers when relevant.
• Operation of the associated management information tools and system databases.
• Support to the responsible entity in the definition of new and improvement of existing processes and tools and production of related documents.
• Support the execution of the directorate’s Risk Management process
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
• Masters in Engineering or equivalent or MBA or equivalent University degree from a recognised Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration, with relevant experience;
• Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken, knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset;
• Experience in controlling and/or management of activities and resources in aerospace industry. For some tasks knowledge of Finance/Accounting may be required;
• Highly proficient in the use of modern activities and resource management support tools/databases of standard office automation support software packages including in particular advance usage of Excel (Ms-Office and in particular advanced use of Excel);
• Experience as user of SAP and in particular ECC and SRM modules and familiarity with relevant ESA corporate applications e.g. ESA-p) is an asset;
• Ability to rapidly understand and adapt to ESA specific context and environment including ESA corporate IT applications. Past experience with ESA in relevant activities is an asset.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
• Company events
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries. In Europe, Serco supports governments and international organisations in the delivery of essential public services with operations in Belgium, France and French Guyana, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service and to keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play. We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
If you share our values and want to join a team of over 50,000 passionate colleagues globally we want to hear from you.
Make a difference every day.
Serco European Agencies