Programme/Project Controller (RT-C/EOP-B/00118)
Do you have 4 years of experience in the Administration and Control of large projects ? You could be our new Programme/Project Controller. Come join Serco team at the European Space Agency.
Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. We have over 40 years’ experience in supporting the space sector: Since the creation of the European Space Agency (ESA), our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
As Programme/Project Controller you will deal with Project Control activities in the Earth Observation Business Unit Controlling Office in support to one or several mission(s) in the Earth Observation Projects Department. As such, (s)he will be assigned to and directly support the relevant project manager and will liaise closely with related services inside and outside the Directorate.
The successful candidate will report hierarchically to the Head of the relevant Project Control and Management Support Office and functionally to the relevant project manager(s).
Typical Project Control duties will include:
- Preparing, maintaining and reporting on the overall programmatic aspects (cost, finance, schedule, industrial return, risk, forward looking estimates and progress control as well as general project administration) of the project/missions, utilizing established procedures and financial/information systems.
This relates to:
- Cost at Completion (covering financial aspects of space segment, payload, launch, ground segment, LEOP and Agency manpower and provided services)
- Cost Plans & budget preparation covering industrial and operating including workforce related costs
- Financial status of industrial contracts including payment plans and internal costs, including overheads, for compliance with budgetary provisions and financial regulations
- Industrial geographical return monitoring and forecast
For the above, active monitoring is expected, identifying and reporting trends, deviations to plans, potential problem areas and proposing remedial actions in coordination with the project manager(s);
- Supporting Project Manager(s) in preparing, administrating and monitoring of Project procurement actions (Contracts, Purchase Orders, etc…)
- Supporting Project Manager(s) in Contract/Change negotiations and Change Control/Review Boards; contributing to the preparation of contract change documents
- Maintaining historical project databases and Project Plan Annexes
- Interfacing with Industry counter-part on all financial and administrative matters of industrial contract(s) to ensure their compliance with established formal requirements
- Supporting the Head of Office in executing the office’s duties, including participation in the definition and improvement of the project control procedures, computerized information and controlling systems
- Support EOP Asset Manager in the accounting of ESA assets
- Assist in the preparation of project(s) audits.
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
• Minimum 4 years of experience in the Administration and Control of large
projects, preferably in engineering driven organization
• Experience in the use of planning and project control tools, and in budget and accounting software and databases
• Candidates are expected to be result oriented and have to demonstrate
excellent planning and organization skills, attention to detail and be able
to work effectively in a team environment
• She/He must possess good judgement, integrity and good communications skills
• Good knowledge of Excel is expected
• Experience with ESA systems (e.g. esa-p) is an asset
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
• Company events
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries. In Europe, Serco supports governments and international organisations in the delivery of essential public services with operations in Belgium, France and French Guyana, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service and to keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play. We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
If you share our values and want to join a team of over 50,000 passionate colleagues globally we want to hear from you.
Make a difference every day.
Serco European Agencies