Programme/Project Controller (Noordwijk, Netherlands)
Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. We have over 40 years’ experience in supporting the space sector: Since the creation of the European Space Agency (ESA), our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We are proactively looking for a Programme/Project Controller , based in Noordwijk, Netherlands.
The candidate will focus on the following tasks:
- Support to the planning, preparation, execution and follow-up of projects / programmes activities in terms of schedule, related procurement actions, costs including preparation of CaC as relevant, manpower including support, etc. including:
- Assisting in preparing, developing and maintaining programme level plans.
- Assisting in the definition and in maintaining related work/procurement plans and related execution and contract actions plans using local tools as applicable.
- Monitoring of the implementation of the programmes and of activities, as appropriate, and preparation of related reports and provision of management information as required.
- Evaluating the results and main achievements of the programme, elaborating related KPIs, and preparing periodic overview publications.
- In the field of resources (i.e. financial and manpower) for programme/project(s):
- Assisting in the preparation of long-term, medium term and in-year resource plans.
- Monitoring and controlling the implementation of the plans in line with resource targets, performing forecasting, identifying deviations and related recovery actions, producing related reports. o Reviewing / checking of ESA internal expenditures such as re-charges, support services and purchases for consistency with Cost–at– Completion (CAC) of industrial contracts.
- Checking commitments for consistency with budgets and ESA’s procedures and consumption of commitment ceiling and initiating related budgetary transfers as required.
- In the field of procurements and execution of contracts:
- Support to the preparation and follow-up of the Agency’s tender actions.
- Support to the proposal evaluations as expert for the price and schedule verification and analysis.
- Support to the preparation of the financial contract commitment and the data entry of the milestone payment plans in the Agency’s system(s).
- Contributing to the elaboration, consolidation of related procurement workplans and detailed implementation plans (e.g. Contract Action Plan baseline) and related commitment consumption, cost and disbursement profiles.
- Ensuring that above plans are properly inserted in the appropriate management tools. Following-up of the progress of the procurement actions and contracts, and keeping track of status and maintaining the current actual and forecasting in the appropriate ESA tools.
- Creating related objects in ESA-p, maintaining corresponding information in local applications as required and ensuring the correctness and coherence of related information.
- Monitoring and controlling of timely implementation of actions related to procurement and contractual matters, including monitoring of financial commitments, payment milestones and invoicing.
- Supporting industrial invoicing process and payment verification and control.
- Supporting programme inventory and export control activities, maintain relevant inventory databases
- In the field of programme industrial return
- Initiation and coordination of the periodic updating of relevant Industrial Return data base to reflect the current commitments status and the industrial policy forecast for planned activities.
- Verification of coherence with ESA corporate Industrial Return data.
- Maintenance of list of specific compensation or improvement measures and follow-up the implementation.
- Verification of coherence of proposed procurement actions with the planned industrial return policy targets of the programme/project, including the compensation measures.
- Support to programme/project level risk management.
- Maintaining up to date the related data, performing data analysis, identifying deviations w.r.t. plans/targets and production of associated reports to the responsible management and to the concerned customers when relevant.
- Operation of the associated management information tools and system databases.
- Support to the responsible entity in the definition of new and improvement of existing processes and tools and production of related documents.
- Support the execution of the directorate’s Risk Management process.
The post holder shall have:
- Masters in Engineering or equivalent or MBA or equivalent University degree from a recognised Institution of secondary studies or equivalent qualification in Business Administration, with relevant experience;
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken, knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset;
- Highly proficient in the use of modern activities and resource management support tools/databases of standard office automation support software packages including in particular advance usage of Excel (Ms-Office and in particular advanced use of Excel);
- Ability to rapidly understand and adapt to ESA specific context and environment including ESA corporate IT applications;
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
For further information on the anticipated start date please email the Serco Europe Recruitment Team on email@example.com
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies