Portal Support Manager
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Portal Support Manager, based in Brussels.
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS
The natures of the tasks of a EURAXESS Portal Support Manager are described below:
IS Service management:
- Contacts with DIGIT to ensure the smooth implementation of the security convention enabling the contractor to have remote access to the EUROPA server and related environments;
- Regular contacts with main stakeholders (e.g. Naturejobs, Galaxie, University Positions, CINECA, etc.) and relevant EC services (e.g. MCA, ERC, EURES, etc.) to establish collaborations with EURAXESS; Regular contacts with countries (both European and non European) implementing national EURAXESS portals or willing to set national ones up;
- Contacts with third countries implementing/maintaining national EURAXESS Worldwide web-sites or willing to set them up.
- Coordination of technical updates and incidents with the IT contractor and the back-office team.
- Conception of guidelines and information for the different EURAXESS portal user groups.
- Participation in the related meetings, conferences and trainings
- Conception of pages related to the Human Resources Strategy for Researchers (HRS4R)
- Follow-up of the service quality of the annexed national EURAXESS pages and the EURAXESS worldwide section
Provision of user information:
- Advise the Portal’s users and stakeholders about the exchange of job information (both on-line and off-line via XML file);
- Running the first line support helpdesk towards external users and manage requests and the handling of these through the second line support (e.g. management of the EURAXESS Jobs Portal's functional mail-box)
- Running social media activities (e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.)
Coordination between the project team and the service team:
- Daily contacts with the Webmaster to ensure the smooth running of the whole EURAXESS web-site, in particular: request of technical assistance (e.g. connection bugs);
- Daily contacts with the Webmaster to provide technical support to portal administrators in charge of national EURAXESS portals;
- Input for back office activity (e.g. all technical/help queries arriving at the EURAXESS Jobs and Rights functional mail-boxes);
- On the basis of inputs provided by the Commission, regular input to the Webmaster to design, implement and feed new portal's developments and define all ergonomics deemed necessary.
Management of information sites:
- Check/acceptance and up-loading of job advertisements published on the EURAXESS Jobs Portal's data-base, request for up-loading documents on EURAXESS Jobs, Services, and Rights;
- Monthly check and publication of EURAXESS figures referring to unique visitors, page views, on-line job publication, on both SINAPSE (i.e. communities addressed to the SGHRM and the HRS4R and the EURAXESS Extranet platform.
Organisation and management of IS training:
- On the basis of relevant stakeholders’ needs meetings (with or without the Webmaster) to present and raise awareness on the latest Portal’s developments; "Ad hoc" meetings paving the way to collaboration aimed at job exchange between EURAXESS and other relevant job platforms or web-sites;
- Trainings (e.g. “hands on” sessions) on job publication (both on-line and offline);
The Ideal Candidate
The Service Manager will be the direct contact point to a huge number of different stakeholder as described above.
In this respect, a specific number of skills will be requested by the Service Manager, such as:
- Track record of user-support and assistance to different stakeholder groups
- Communication skills, idem in writing and presentation techniques
- Clear and structured analysing and reporting skills
- Capability in working in a multi-national environment as the EURAXESS network consists to date of 40 participating European countries and 7 international hubs.
- Managing the back-office team located outside the EC premises
- Multi-lingual approach also in meetings, (skype)-conferences etc.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies