Payload Data Ground Segment Sub-Systems Implementation Support Engineer
Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
In anticipation of a project award Serco are currently looking for a Payload Data Ground Segment Sub-Systems Implementation Support Engineer based at Darmstadt, Germany.
This activity is intended to support the PDGS implementation cycle, i.e. covering:
- the architectural design and elements requirements definition phase
- the implementation plan definition phase
- the Elements Industrial Procurement phase
The following tasks shall be performed by the successful candidate:
- Support to or preparation of the PDGS Sub-Systems implementation documentation
- Review of documentation from various sources: Customer, Industry during the project phases dealing with sub-systems implementation and testing.
- Management of the review item discrepancies, system or software problem reports and action databases linked to PDGS Sub-Systems implementation contracts
- Generation of technical notes whenever needed during the relevant project phases
- Operations of the various supporting software and tools either COTS or those developed in-house: e.g. DOORS , etc.
- Support to the acceptance of the CFI items provided by the project
- Active participation to Ground Segment reviews organized either by Customer or by Industry
- Active participation to PDGS Sub-Systems acceptance tests
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate should bring the following skills and experience:
- University degree or equivalent qualification, preferably in engineering or science related subject
- Project management experience, preferably in the field of Earth Observation Ground Segment Development
- Knowledge of the Earth Observation missions (and instruments) and processes related to their PDGS development would be an asset.
- Knowledge of relevant Engineering standards , e.g. ECSS
- Experience with requirements Management tools e.g. Rational DOORs or similar
- Knowledge of relevant Engineering standards
- Ability to write technical documents and converse in English
- Good communication skills and ability to work in international teams
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Highly competitive salary
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services, employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries.
We work closely with the European Government Institutions & Space Agencies providing crucial Services with over 300 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies