Payable Accountant Assistant (RT-C/HIF-FOI/00153)
Do you have strong knowledge in SAP and in particular ECC and SRM modules and familiarity with relevant ESA corporate applications (e.g. ESA-p)? Are you excited to work in the Space sector? You could be our new Payable Accountant Assistant. Come and join our great team at Serco at the European Space Agency!
Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. We have over 40 years’ experience in supporting the space sector: Since the creation of the European Space Agency (ESA), our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Payable Accountant Assistant, based in Noordwijk (Netherlands) .
The post-holder will focus on the below main responsibilities:
- Analysing, validating and approving all Agency payments to suppliers in compliance with ESA accounting policy, the Financial Regulations, instructions and procedures (internal rules) carrying out related financial operations and interfaces with suppliers;
- End-of-period adjustments, offsetting of pre-payments against progress invoices and vendor clearing, analysis of balances, clearing of accrued costs versus invoices received and other accounting practices related to accounts payable;
- Responding to queries from industry;
- Preparing urgent payment lists;
- Other ad-hoc financial accounting tasks as requested by management.
The successful Candidate should bring the following skills and experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional qualifications in a financial discipline and a significant period of practical experience of financial accounting at ESA or in a comparable environment.
- Experience as a user of SAP and in particular ECC and SRM modules and familiarity with relevant ESA corporate applications (e.g. ESA-p) is an asset.
- Familiarity with modern office automation tools and techniques, in particular Microsoft Office or equivalent, as well as customised database and software applications.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken, knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
- Capacity to identify priority actions and to handle high workload.
- Reliability, commitment and initiative together with a well-balanced autonomy in the execution of the required tasks.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
• Company events
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries. In Europe, Serco supports governments and international organisations in the delivery of essential public services with operations in Belgium, France and French Guyana, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland.
Serco is a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA). We have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service and to keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play. We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
If you share our values and want to join a team of over 50,000 passionate colleagues globally we want to hear from you.
Make a difference every day.
Serco European Agencies