PA and Safety Support Engineer RT-C/TEC-QQM/00668
Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. We have over 40 years’ experience in supporting the space sector: Since the creation of the European Space Agency (ESA), our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a PA and Safety Support Engineer, based in Noordwijk (Netherlands).
Support the ESA PA & Safety Manager for designated project(s) in conducting, monitoring & assessing the implementation of the PA & Safety Programme. This includes support to any or all of the following activities:
- Establishing the PA&S requirements baseline for all elements of the project, in compliance
with the ESA general Product Assurance and Safety policy; Produce and implement plans,
define inputs, outputs, participants, responsibilities, interfaces, coordinate efforts of
participants, and produce resulting consolidated inputs.
- Reviewing contractor’s plans, specifications and effort proposed for the execution of the
project PA&S programme; Produce reports of review activities performed (e.g. documents
reviewed, checklists used, spot check performed) and conclusions/recommendations.
- Monitoring project & PA status & identify relevant PA issues, including NCR / SPR / Waivers
/ Problems / Critical Items and systematically tracking all items. Produce monthly reports of
monitoring activities performed (e.g. inspections, checks, visits, reviews), including
conclusions and recommendations.
- Assessing the implementation of PA&S requirements by contractors, participating in design
and safety reviews and directing the necessary preventive or corrective actions; Produce
monthly reports with assessment activities performed (e.g. documents reviewed, checklists
used, spot check performed), contribution to design and safety reviews, and activities related
to preventive/corrective action.
- Participating in the Boards established within the project for the disposition of Nonconformances / Failure Reviews, Test Reviews, etc.; Produce reports of participation to
boards, indicating the contribution made to these boards (e.g. review of agendas, participants,
minutes of meeting, action follow up, close-out).
- Guiding and monitoring the application and procurement of EEE parts, materials and
processes and controlling implementation of applicable requirements; Produce reports on
guidance provided, monitoring activities performed and status of compliance to applicable
- Monitoring the manufacturing, integration and test activities with quality assurance audits,
mandatory and key inspection points, test witnessing and configuration inspections; Produce
report on activities performed with conclusion and recommendations.
- Defining the formal acceptance requirements and conducting the Acceptance Reviews of all
contractual deliverable items; Produce and implement plans for the preparation of the formal
acceptance requirements, defining steps, inputs, outputs, participants, responsibilities,
interfaces, and coordinating efforts of participants to produce resulting consolidated inputs to
project documents. Produce also reports on the activities performed for conduction of
- Supporting the organisation & management of the support from all PA disciplines
- Controlling NCR / Waivers / Problems / Critical Items. Produce meeting agendas, check that
all inputs are available for the NRB or CCB, check that all needed participants are involved,
produce NRB or CCB minutes of meeting, follow-up on actions identified, ensure proper nonconformance/wavier/problem/critical item close-out. Produce also reports on control activities
- PA for the verification, qualification, acceptance & delivery activities.
- The launch campaign.
- Participating in progress meetings and CCB meetings. Produce inputs to the meeting and
whenever requested, produce meeting agendas, check that all inputs are available, check that
all needed participants are involved, produce minutes of meeting, follow-up on actions
identified, ensure proper close-out.
- Participating in all project reviews, including safety reviews. Produce reports on all review
activities performed (e.g. documents reviewed, checklists used, spot check performed),
conclusions and recommendations.
- Reporting project PA status (deviations from plan / schedule of all of above).
The right candidate will bring:
• As per Job Class in engineering or technical sciences
• A minimum of 10 years experience in the space sector, including 5 years in Product Assurance, preferably in the areas of Earth Observation
Programme, Science Programme, and/or Human Spaceflight and Robotic
• Knowledge and experience working with Technology Readiness Levels
(TRL) and their use in space R&D activities is an asset;
• Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree of
organizational and communication abilities, and comfortable with working
in a diverse and multinational team environment
- Solid background in M&P quality would be an asset;
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team. who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview
Serco European Agencies