Oracle SQL, Java Application Architect (2289, M2)
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For one of our Customer, a European Institution we are looking for an Application Architect with at least 3 years of relevant work experience.
• Develop business applications in a team of motivated professionals, using modern technologies in the context of the Angular/Java/Oracle stack;
• Design and develop software including the integration with external (corporate) applications;
• Collaborate to continuously improve the functioning of the developed products;
• Automate software integration and delivery;
• Prepare documentation for other programmers, users and support personnel.
The Ideal Candidate
The candidate should have an in-depth knowledge and skills in following domains:
• Strong knowledge of Java platform product family; The candidate must have proven experience in analysing and writing modular JAVA applications and creating REST web services for database centric applications;
• Good knowledge of Object Oriented design, including design patterns;
• Experience with integration technologies such as REST, SOAP and/or JMS
• Experience in service-oriented architecture, enterprise integration patterns and their implementation
• Strong analysis and methodical problem solving abilities to create logical and innovating solutions to complex problems;
• Familiarity and understanding of building software (preferably with Maven) and continuous integration (preferably with Jenkins);
• Good knowledge of automated testing (unit tests, test mocks, integration tests, …);
• Interest in becoming a full-stack developer;
• Team player, good communicator, passionate about development and extending skills;
• The candidate must be fluent in English. S/he should be also able to write documents in English.
Following expertise is considered as an asset:
• Experience in large scale enterprise applications;
• Experience with Oracle Web Logic Application Server;
• Experience with ColdFusion;
• Good knowledge of relational databases and SQL;
• Knowledge of EC ICT systems and infrastructure.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application - Relocation assistance provided, if applicable.
Please note that this position is also open to freelancers (independent contractors).
About the Company
Serco’s heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Top 50 Services for Governments Companies.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
Serco European Agencies