On-Board Payload Data Processing Engineer (RT-C/TEC-EFD/00730)
Are you fascinated about Space? Do you have a Electromagnetics Components Data & Power Systems Engineering background and have worked in Space sector? You could be our new On-Board Payload Data Processing Engineer. Come and join talented diverse Serco team at the European Space Research and Technology Centre (ESTEC) based in Noordwijk, the Netherlands.
Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
A diverse range of support tasks is required to be carried out within encompassing hardware, software and system aspects. These can be grouped within the following main headings:
- Design, development and performance evaluation and characterisation of control, data and signal processing units for Radio Frequency payloads and instruments;
- Validation of signal and image processing algorithms via simulation techniques (e.g. Matlab, Python, prototyping SW);
- Definition, design and validation of payload data acquisition, processing and storage chains;
- Implementation of payload data processing functions on processors (e.g. Digital Signal Processors) and FPGAs based platforms;
- Specific engineering support in the above domains to mainstream ESA space projects, mainly for (but not restricted to) the development and testing phases.
- Master degree in a relevant discipline;
- Extensive knowledge in on-board data and signal processing techniques;
- Extensive knowledge in signal quality and on-board payload data processing functions for RF remote sensing and Telecom payloads;
- Extensive knowledge in simulation of signal processing functions (Matlab, Python, C, etc);
- Knowledge in the design, training and validation of machine learning techniques (not limited to deep learning) for tasks such as prediction, classification, semantic segmentation, object detection, etc;
- Familiarity with telecom payload processors, synthetic aperture radar, radar altimetry and radio frequency interference mitigation (coverage of more than one of the topics will be a strong asset);
- Familiarity with payload data and signal processing on-board systems architectures;
- Familiarity with processing devices and on-board electronics design related to data acquisition and processing functions;
- Familiarity with procurement of units, sub-systems integration and testing;
- Ability to work in an autonomous manner, in particular when providing support to projects with high time allocations and this in coordination with the line manager;
- Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
• Company events
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries. In Europe, Serco supports governments and international organisations in the delivery of essential public services with operations in Belgium, France and French Guyana, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service and to keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play. We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers.
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
If you share our values and want to join a team of over 50,000 passionate colleagues globally we want to hear from you.
Make a difference every day.
Take pride in what you do!
Serco European Agencies