On-Board Computer and Data Systems Engineer (RT-C/TEC-EDD/00732)
New opportunity available! We are looking for a On-Board Computer and Data Systems Engineer to join our team at ESTEC (Noordwijk, Netherlands). Do you have broad expertise in the field of space hardware related to platform and payload data handling equipment? Apply now.
Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
- Provide expert technical support and consultancy to the Galileo projects regarding on-board Computer and Data-Handling systems throughout all project phases;
- Lead and coordinate specialized engineering support provided by the Directorates of Technical & Quality Management and Operation for participating in feasibility studies, project reviews and the evaluation of procurement proposals within the DHS perimeter;
- Identifying critical DHS development problems and assisting in their resolution;
- Monitoring the industrial work associated with design, development, validation, qualification and acceptance of the on-board Computer and Data-Handling systems and associated equipment ensuring that these meet the satellite and security requirements;
- Monitoring the industrial activities related to the definition and execution of the satellite verification programme in the areas of responsibility, including implementation and monitoring of AIT/AIV activities on Data Handling sub-systems and equipment.
- Ensuring timely delivery of the Deliverable Items (to allow preparation of in-orbit operations) in the domain of responsibility as foreseen by industrial activities included in the SoW;
- Elaborating in the area of expertise the dispositions related to anomaly-handling, NRBs, NCR process, RFD/W, etc.;
- Participating in Agency project reviews and lower-level reviews in the relevant field of competence (DHS);
- Preparing the inputs in the area of expertise for the Satellite Verification Control Board and Space Segment Control Boards’ processes;
- Regular and ad hoc reporting to the Satellite Platform Manager on all aspects of on-board Computer and Data-Handling sub-system and equipment development, proactive monitoring of relevant schedules, identifying risk and problem areas, proposing mitigation actions.
In performing these duties, the post holder shall ensure:
- close cooperation with G2A Sat Security engineer and the other G2A team engineers;
- close coordination with other G2A functions (PA, Operations) as appropriate to maximise efficiency in executing the project;
- participate in periodic meetings with the parent On-Board Computer & Data Handling section, contributing to the transfer of technical knowledge and lessons learned (within the limits of mandated project confidentiality) across the Agency.
- Master’s degree in networks, electronics, telecommunications or a related field is required.
- Applicants should have at least 10 years of professional experience in the fields of space hardware related to platform and payload data handling equipment (units, modules and boards).
- Knowledge in the fields of Data Handling Electrical Ground Support Equipment (EGSE) and in the field of multi-core on-board computer architectures will be considered as assets.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
• Company events
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries. In Europe, Serco supports governments and international organisations in the delivery of essential public services with operations in Belgium, France and French Guyana, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service and to keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play. We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers.
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
If you share our values and want to join a team of over 50,000 passionate colleagues globally we want to hear from you.
Make a difference every day.
Take pride in what you do!
Serco European Agencies