New Concepts Officer (RT-C/TIA-TFE/00126)
Do you have strong project management experience for complex project? You could be our new Concepts Officer. Come join Serco team at the European Space Agency.
Serco is among the leading Space Industry and Services Companies. We have over 40 years’ experience in supporting the space sector: Since the creation of the European Space Agency (ESA), our employees have been providing everyday their technical, scientific and management skills to support the full range of European cornerstone space missions.
As Concepts Officer you will be responsible of the below tasks:
- Contributing to the gathering and analysis of business intelligence and market information related to the global satellite communications sector, the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) industry, as well as global economic and industrial trends and developments. Identifying and investigating market and technology trends relevant to the development of the satcom sector.
- Assessing and identifying the industrial, academic, and institutional players from across the satellite communications sector in order to support ESA to properly understand, influence, and sustenance the satellite communications sector by developing future development and growth plans.
- Identifying, studying, and developing new satcom system concepts and applications: including new satellite system architectures, new services and applications, and improving integration and interoperation with terrestrial systems. This includes supporting ESA in commissioning and managing technical studies and investigations conducted both within ESA and with external partners, as well as specific effort to publicise and disseminate activity outcomes.
- Support Identification and definition of future technology development activities, in terms of either technology feasibility demonstrations, product and system development support, or in-orbit validation and demonstration needs, as well as exploring ‘spin-in’ opportunities from other relevant high technology application areas.
- Provide support to standardisation and spectrum regulatory activity help create and develop new markets and growth opportunities for the satcom industry of the ESA Member States.
- Support preparatory activities to create new ESA-initiated satellite communication projects:
- Support overall strategic objectives, end-to-end system requirements,
- Mission architecture, critical technologies, cost envelope, time to market etc.
- Support ITT process for commissioning project Phase 0/A/B studies with industrial partners. Managing their subsequent execution leading to a detailed definition for the design, development, integration, testing, validation and functional performance trials and pilots for the new project.
- Support the provision of ESA technical support to these preparatory activities to ensure their effective initiation and management.
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
- Applicants should have a Master's degree or equivalent in a relevant Engineering discipline
- Knowledge of Satcom system architectures, products and market;
- Knowledge and experience of telecommunication systems definition from requirement phase to implementation aspects;
- Knowledge of industrial costs and schedule aspects;
- Strong project management experience for complex project with high technical risk;
- Experience in procurement processes and contract management as well as applied negotiation skills;
- Knowledge of industrial development, verification and procurement processes;
- Ability to gather and share relevant information;
- Ability to support the definition of a technology development strategy.
- Strong Inter-personal communication skills: both verbal and written;
- A focus on results/delivery;
- Team working: across ESA Department and Directorate boundaries as well as with external partners;
- Planning and Organisational abilities
- Applicants should possess strong negotiation skills.
- Experience in system and subsystem design and development in the telecommunications sector
- Experience in the satellite
- communication industry would both be distinct advantages.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Exciting relocation package (if applicable)
• Company events
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries. In Europe, Serco supports governments and international organisations in the delivery of essential public services with operations in Belgium, France and French Guyana, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service and to keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play. We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
If you share our values and want to join a team of over 50,000 passionate colleagues globally we want to hear from you.
Make a difference every day.
Serco European Agencies