Network Security Engineer - Classified Networks Operation Center
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators,committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Network Security Engineer, based in Brussels.
As the principal Network Security Engineer your role is to safeguard the security of the classified networks and by extension the information that they host.
Some of your duties can include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining LAN, WAN and server architecture
- Solve existing security issues, such as viruses or hardware malfunction
- Testing systems for vulnerabilities in hardware and software
- Maintaining virtual private networks, firewalls, email security and web protocols, security and programs
- Creating virus detection systems
- Developing tracking scripts to record system vulnerabilities
- Reporting security analysis findings
- Supervising the instillation of new software and hardware
- Analyzing and implementing new security protocols and technologies
- Modifying regulatory systems within IT security
- Maintaining the integrity of hardware and software
- Investigating security breech alerts
- Create and maintain security policies
- Develop authentication and authorization protocols
- Occasionally replacing system architecture
- Maintaining servers and switches
The Ideal Candidate
Education & experience
- You hold a university degree in Computer Science or a related field and have 10 years experience in IT Environment. (In the absence of a degree each candidate will have an additional two years experience per annum of missing higher education) ;
- You hold certification in CCNA Cyber Ops and it’s desirable to hold a certification in CCT Routing & Switching ;
- Other Certification in technology related domain such as CMS and CCSA are considered as assets
- You are ITIL certified ;
- You have 10 years of experience and excellent knowledge of network protocols including some of those years spent in Secure Network Environments.
- You have an excellent knowledge of administration of Fortinet firewall systems, content inspection, firewall statistics and related security tools ;
- You have an excellent knowledge of network security and 10 years experience working on with systems such as Firewalls, Secure access, full disk encryption and media, encryption, Remote Access, Internet Access ;
- You have at least 5 years experience in wide area protocols (ISDN, ADSL, etc.) and 5 years experience and an excellent knowledge of administration of CISCO firewall systems, content inspection, firewall statistics and related security tools. Also 5 years experience and an excellent knowledge of operating systems (Microsoft Windows and Linux) and 5 years experience and a very good knowledge of network management, monitoring and debugging tools ;
- You have at least 2 years experience and a good knowledge of Intrusion Detection Systems: FirePower Treat Defense (FTD) and 2 years experience and a good knowledge of proxy servers and 2 years experience and a good knowledge of PKI infrastructure ;
- You have at least 3 years experience and a good knowledge of dial-in systems with authentication and encryption ;
- You have at least 1 year of experience and a basic knowledge of application layer XML filters ;
A valid EU Secret security clearance for this position. For new employees, this security clearance can be required once that you have been accepted for the role. However, should it be refused to you by the National Security Authority of your country, your contract will be suspended with immediate effect. Candidates wishing to work as freelancers, must demonstrate that they hold valid EU Secret security clearance at the time of their application.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
If you are selected for this role, we can offer you a permanent contract with a competitive salary and an attractive package of extralegal advantages :
- a company car with a fuel card, and maintenance included (monthly bonus if car not taken),
- a monthly representation allowance,
- free hospitalization insurance,
- a group insurance,
- meal vouchers/worked day,
- a yearly training plan,
- access to our internal mobility scheme
- international relocation support for you and your family (if applicable)
** If you are interested in freelancing, you have to hold a valid EU Secret security clearance at the time of your application.
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies