Network Security Administrator
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Serco and Proud - Make a difference every day.
For our activities at our prestigious client in Ispra (Va), we are currently looking for a Network Security Administrator.
The ideal candidate will support both daily operations for relevant services and contribute to the execution of new projects related to Network Security. He/she should have prior experience in the following areas:
• In depth knowledge with CISCO ASA and FORTIGATE
• Switching Technologies layer 2 network design. CCNA level certification from Cisco or any other networking vendor demonstrating knowledge on the switching area of networking.
• Routing Technologies. Dynamic routing protocols, layer 3 network design.
• Firewalling Technologies
• Reverse proxy Technologies.
• Network protocol services (NTP, DNS, DHCP, SNMP…)
• Network Security techniques and technologies.
• IDS/IPS Network intrusion detection technologies.
• VPN standards and technologies.
• Network logging systems (Syslog and SIEM log correlation applications).
• System administration of Linux servers (RedHat Enterprise Linux, CentOS and others).
• Wifi Technologies
• Network Access Control systems (NAC).
• Operating and monitoring of infrastructure, systems, and servers.
• Dual Factor authentication systems (token and radius servers).
• SSL VPN Technologies
• Network Quality of Service techniques and technologies.
The successful Candidate will bring:
• Bachelor’s Degree + 12 years of experience OR High School Diploma + 18 years of experience
• Relevant experience in the tasks described above.
• Good communications skills in English and good knowledge of Italian.
• Service and Project oriented.
• Professional attitude and service-oriented attitude.
• Availability to work outside working hours and to be part of an on-call schema.
• Ability to work both in service mode for delivery of daily operations and in project mode for the introduction of new service elements.
• Willing to work in a busy team where learning new skills are essential and capacity to share the knowledge with the other team members.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Company events
• Performance Management
• International environment
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services to Governments employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services with over 220 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies