Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 50,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies - We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for six Network Operators based in Munich, Germany.
For our activities in one of our new service contracts in Munich area, Germany, we are currently seeking to employ a highly motivated and enthusiastic network operators to work in an exciting innovative international environment.
The role will be part of the Network Operations Centre (NOC) tasked with coordinating, configuring and monitoring activities 24/7 related to the ground segment in. This role requires shift working conditions.
The main tasks of the Network Operator are:
- Checking the relevant systems before the satellite passes
- Configuration and use of relevant systems according to the project requirements
- Monitoring and control of the relevant system during the satellite passes including:
- On the Prime and backup system
- Telemetry & Telecommand software
- Communication -Software and Gateways
- I / O Handlers o SSB / WSP-C
- Network Monitoring
- Configuration of the event clock
- Monitoring of data, voice lines and system utilization
- Pre-processing of the web survey data
- Safeguard and Data Completeness Logging
- Keeping Activity and Operation Logs
- Creating Printouts for Error Analysis and Error Reports (DR)
- Coordinating to Troubleshoot On Call
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly security procedures at the data processing facilities
- Acceptance of the project requirements before the satellite passes
- Instructions on important events during the passes
- Coordination of the replacement circuits in case of failure
- Cooperation with operation with other facilities and external agencies
- Station briefing on the expected activities during the satellite passes
- Authorization of the stations for transmitter switching on and off, command handling, rail survey configurations, etc.
- Data flow monitoring and verification of various types of data such as:
- Telemetry & Telecommand
- Railway survey data
- Path prediction data
- State Vector, ODF, IIRV, Two-line Elements
- Monitoring and operation of data transfer systems (AFD)
- Copy and distribute data on request
- Monitoring the Internet connections, voice lines, Infrastructure and Operations Management Using relevant Tool
- Monitoring and Restoring Time Standard (UTC)
- Carrying out tests of the communication equipment
- Coordination with external troubleshooting devices
The Ideal Candidate
- University degree in a relevant field, degree in space/aerospace is a plus
- Experience in satellite or network ground station operations is a plus but not mandatory
- Excellent command of English, both written and spoken; German a plus
- Excellent communication skills.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Highly competitive salary
Corporate Benefits Package
Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
Further information available from the Serco Europe Recruitment Team
About the Company
Serco is one of the world’s largest providers of public services, employing over 50,000 people in over 20 countries.
We work closely with the European Government Institutions & Space Agencies providing crucial Services with over 300 staff members.
The services we provide are often of critical importance to the communities and nations we serve, Providing public services is one of the most satisfying and rewarding careers you can have, you have an ability to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and to your community and country.
As a business which delivers “front-line” public services, employing tens of thousands of people, we are constantly developing and promoting people; our need for skilled professionals is insatiable and few companies can offer as many opportunities for individuals to grow their careers
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
A career with Serco offers the chance to work with both inspirational people and innovative contracts, in a dynamic and exciting environment.
We have a mandate to execute brilliantly and our people lead and inspire based on our core values, Trust, Care, Pride and Innovation.
Take pride in what you do.
Serco European Agencies