Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For the EU Commission in Brussels we are looking for a Network Engineer
Provide technical services and support for the following areas:
- Network Management, monitoring and debugging;
- Application delivery control and load balancing;
- Common Operating system;
- Internal systems and network infrastructure;
- Perform network assessments;
- Participate in the administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system: respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review;
- Document maintenance for all computer systems and network infrastructure;
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages;
- Be available for other engineers and coach them to resolution.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and skills of the below;
- Knowledge of administration of Ethernet switching and routing systems in large networks (>1000 nodes) on UTP and fibre optic cabling;
- Knowledge of network management, monitoring and debugging tools and Performance monitoring;
- Knowledge of CISCO & Nexus application Switches;
- Knowledge in network protocol;
- Knowledge of F5 Application delivery controller, load balancing;
- Knowledge of administration of Fortinet & CISCO firewall systems, content inspection, firewall statistics and related security tools;
- Knowledge of Bandwidth Management Solutions;
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Data Networks
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Voice Networks
- Knowledge of SSL offload devices; (SSL acceleration, SSL VPN solutions) and High-grade encryption;
- Knowledge of networking for common operating systems;
- Knowledge of DHCP/DNS Infoblox, Trinzic 825 w/ Network Services One and Grid;
- Knowledge of Crypto devices;
- Knowledge of proxy servers;
- Knowledge of UTP and fibre cabling systems;
- Knowledge of dial-in systems with authentication and encryption;
- Experience in managing highly available environments and multiple site support;
- Experience in disaster recovery management at network level;
- Good knowledge of CyberArk;
- Basic knowledge of application layer XML filters;
- Good knowledge of appliance based caching and anti-virus solution;
- Good knowledge of Intrusion Detection Systems.
- Languages, Protocols, Standards and Methodologies
- CCNA Data Center
- CCNA Cyber Ops
- CCNA Routing and Switching
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
Full details on application - Relocation assistance provided, if applicable.
Please note that this position is also open to freelancers (independent contractors).
About the Company
Serco’s heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Top 50 Services for Governments Companies.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 50,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you.
Serco European Agencies