NSII_SATCOM_F01_Senior Technician (Electronics Maintenance) 04 (Secret Level/EU Security Clearance)
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For one of our prestigious customer we are looking for: NSII_SATCOM_F01_Senior Technician (Electronics Maintenance) 04
Under the direction of the Shift Chief and Chief Technician, the incumbent will perform duties such as the following;
- Operate and perform unit and field level maintenance and emergency interventions on the Satellite Ground Station and associated communications facilities, and terrestrial links (DLOS, Fibre) terminating at the SGS;
- Maintain station logs and ensure proper outage reporting;
-Activate circuits in accordance with circuit work orders;- Operate/maintain data networks to provide reach-back/backhaul anchoring for deployed Customer forces;
- Provide feedback to Chief Technician and Station Engineers for internal training program improvements, and ensure maintenance personnel comply with prescribed maintenance procedures;
- Participate on On-the-Job-Training (OJT) programs to complement official NCISS training program;
- Perform all duties requested by Station Command, and related to daily functioning of the Site and position of the Site within NCIA, Customer, and the local community
- Deputize for higher grade staff, if required;- Performs other duties as may be required.
The Ideal Candidate
Experience and Education:
− Vocational training at a higher level in a relevant discipline, or equivalent, or Diploma of secondary education - and 5 years of relevant experience;
− At least 5 years’ experience in the operation or maintenance of satellite ground terminals/stations, or related systems such as radars or Line-Of-Sight;
Essential basic experience of:
• Antenna sub-system including; radome, feed horn, reflector, pedestal, waveguides, tracking receiver, servo and drive equipment, including fault diagnosis and repair;
• Transmit and receive chains, including; up and down converters, Low Noise Amplifiers and High Power Amplifiers;
• MODEMs, cryptographic equipment, routers and switches;
• Computer-assisted Monitor and Control System (M&CS) for system supervision;
• GPS-disciplined Frequency Reference Standards and associated distribution systems;
• Fibre Optical cables and other tails systems;
• In-depth knowledge of digital techniques;
• Desirable TCP/IP fundamentals, video transmission principles and telecommunications quality assurance practices;
• Testing and maintenance of modern communications systems;
- Proven ability to communicate effectively orally, using tact and diplomacy, with good briefing skills.
Full details on application - Relocation assistance provided, if applicable.
Please note that this position is also open to freelancers (independent contractors).
About the Company
Serco Services Belgium, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider. In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services in the IT department with over 220 staff members.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
Serco European Agencies