NOC (Network Operation Center) Technician
We have an exciting (and challenging) opening for a NOC (Network Operation Center) Technician in Darmstadt.
Dynamic, Energetic, Entrepreneurial, Highly Motivated, Resilient … If this describes you then we would love to hear from you :) Come and join talented diverse Serco team at the European Organisation for the European Space Operations Centre (ESOC) based in Darmstadt, Germany.
European Space Operations Centre (ESOC), Darmstadt, Germany, tracks and controls European spacecraft, and develops and manages ground systems. As Europe’s centre of excellence for satellite operations, ESOC is home to the engineering teams that control spacecraft in orbit and build the systems on the ground that support missions in space.
Discover the offer below and click on ‘Apply’ if you know that your skillset and talents are a suitable match for this opportunity.
- Serco – The employer of choice for a career within the Space Sector.
Serco are a trusted provider of services to National Space Agencies and the European Space Agency (ESA), we have over 40 years’ experience supporting the space sector and providing services for all stages of our customer’s space missions.
- Join our community of space specialists across Europe
We are proud to support the European institutional Space landscape: Serco boasts an extensive network of Space professionals located at our offices in Darmstadt, Noordwijk, Frascati, Paris and Madrid, all within close proximity of our two largest space sector customers, European Space Agency/European Space Operations Centre (ESA/ESOC) and European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT).
- Supporting Women in Aerospace
Diversity and Inclusion is extremely important to us. Supporting women's opportunities, development and visibility in the space sector is key and that is why we are proud members and supporters of Women in Aerospace Europe, a dynamic and global network supporting women's careers in Aerospace.
Women in Aerospace Europe (WIA-E) – Supporting women in STEM (wia-europe.org)
This is an operational IT position and will be part of an integrated team which provides 24/7 monitoring and support to the European Space Operations Centre in Darmstadt, Germany.
You will act as the first point of contact for users, missions/projects and second line support teams.
As NOC (Network Operation Center) Technician you will concentrate your activities on the following:
The position’s main activities and duties are focused on 2 segments:
- Provide 1st line computer and network support to all eligible users – including incident, change request and user request/complaints handling.
- Actively monitor operational IT systems, applications and networks for potential issues or outages
- Initiate incident resolution or mitigating actions to restore the services ;
- Call out/escalate to 2nd line support or external providers according to procedure;
- Prioritise work according to criticality of systems, schedules and targets.
- Monitoring and initial troubleshooting the Cisco network
- Operations Reporting.
- Follow internal processes and procedures
- Work to predefined schedules and service levels, actively participate in recommending technical and procedural improvements to benefit the service.
- Provide round the clock cover in a rotating shift pattern, with adequate information handover between shifts.
- Liaising with spacecraft and mission operations engineers as well as staff on duty at other support units, ground stations and external Agencies to establish and continuously maintain a comprehensive overview on the availability of and the demand for utilization of resources provided by the ground segment facilities.
- Monitor the progress of station configurations for satellite passes through voice coordination or remote monitoring systems.
- Schedule Ground Stations and OCC facilities in real-time (outside normal working hours).Configure and monitor station configurations for satellite passes as well as data transmissions and performance.
Do you think you are the person we are looking for? See below what experience or knowledge you should bring:
- Decisiveness and accountability;
- Able to work following operational procedures.
- Flexible and adaptable strong service ethic
- Fluency in English (spoken and written);
- A good understanding of IT networking: WAN/LAN, technology and troubleshooting of
- Linux – SSH basic user commands
- Windows systems – Basic experience – O365
- Team-player skills, ability to interface with technical and management personnel.
The following would be seen as an asset but not essential:
- Some knowledge of Unix, NetBackup and Firewalls,
- Knowledge of ITIL and certification is a plus;
- Any prior experience in the Space & Satellite sector would be a bonus but not essential;
- Mentoring and coaching/training other staff members;
Note: This is a 24/7 position - candidates must be able to work rotating shifts (Morning, Evening and Night shifts).
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
What we offer if you join our amazing team:
• Competitive Salary
• Corporate Benefits Package
• Support provided to EU Nationals requiring relocation – Information available upon request
• Company events
About the Company
Why should you join Serco ?
At Serco not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play.
Meaningful and vital work - You’ll contribute to methodologically intercepting challenges whilst achievements will also be recognised and celebrated.
A world of opportunity - You’ll be wholeheartedly supported with development and career progression
Great people - You’ll become an integral member of a well-defined and supportive team who believe passionately in the value of our work.
What we offer
- Chance to contribute to innovation in the public services sector
- A company passionate about diversity and inclusion
- Permanent employment with comprehensive Serco Benefits package.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play when managing complex public services.
We are a team of 60,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world, we are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks – SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to be taken to our careers website
Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco European Agencies