NCI Technical Lead (Secret Level/EU Security Clearance)
Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
For one of our prestigious customer we are looking for: NCI Technical Lead
• Working across the Service Line and externally within the Agency to achieve NCI coherence throughout the infrastructure services;
• Guiding and directing the Net Service Area technical personnel on compliance, standardisation and coherence of services and products;
• Serves as recognised expert and advisor to customers and potential customers on technical matters related to the core NCI capabilities;
• Responsible for the preparation of technical specifications, in the evaluation of bidders proposals and the testing and acceptance of systems;
• Participates as required in the formulation of the Agency's Programme of work related to the Static Communications Infrastructure;
• Maintains and develops knowledge in relation to the intellectual competencies specified above;
• Gives scientific briefings and presentations; writes and/or reviews scientific papers and articles for publications.
• Plans, prepares and, where required, hosts formal and informal visits and meetings with representatives of military, civilian and industrial organisations;
• Represents the Agency, as directed, in Customer-related committees, working groups and panels, seminars, workshops, etc;
• Performs any other duties as may be required
The Ideal Candidate
- A university degree in Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications, or related discipline;
- Experience in planning, design, system engineering and implementation of communication aspects of C41SR systems;
- Experience, at least five years, covering the following technologies and disciplines:
- Modern digital communication networking techniques, protocols and standards;
- Communication networks specification, design and testing, with an emphasis on IP networks, including IPv6, QoS;
- Communications infrastructure and network service management and control;
- Modern Enterprise Service Management and Control techniques and standards ;
- Certified in at least one of the following: ITIL at Intermediate level; COBIT Foundation; Business Process Framework (Level 2 Knowledge Certification);
- Sound knowledge and application of ITIL, COBIT and eTOM principles and methodologies applicable to effective Service Management and Control;
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in English both written and orally with good briefing skills;
- A demonstrated ability to work in, and to make a significant scientific and technical technologies, relevant to the work, i.e. bandwidth management, network design, switched multimedia networks, and familiarity with related international I commercial I industrial standards
Full details on application - Relocation assistance provided, if applicable.
Please note that this position is also open to freelancers (independent contractors).
About the Company
Serco Services Belgium, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider. In Belgium and Luxembourg we work closely with the European Institutions providing crucial Services in the IT department with over 220 staff members.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 60,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you
Serco European Agencies